Thread: Expanding manners minder uses

Default Expanding manners minder uses

So far I've used it for place work, distraction work, recalls, front yard distance down stays with distractions, guests/deliveries and now crate training.

I'm sure there's more things I could use it for. Especially things that go for a long time? For example right now I've left it running on a 1 minute reward cycle above the crate going to work. Should take a few hours to stop.

Some way to make it an activity for dog while I'm not around? Like maybe could turn it into a button thevdog presses to dispense machine herself - that'd be a lot of running back and forth?

The machine doesn't dispense with any velocity so I can't really send things flying. It does also jam on bigger pieces so not her only food source.

Help me think of things to do with this outside of direct training?
    Last edited by ThistleTheDog; 12-14-2016 at 07:37 AM.

Where did you get yours from? Cant think of anything offhand. I have used them for contact training in agility. I wouldn't leave it unsupervised with my dogs lol, they would soon dismantle it or use it as a football especially if food was involved. Why press a button when you can muscle it into submission lol. Not sure it was designed for those types of activities.

I actually have a hard ball that dispenses treats and my more food driven dogs will spend hours rolling it round the floor to get the treats out.

Yeah that's it Riley, I keep forgetting it has a new name now.

I got mine from https://www.dogtrainingproducts.com.au
    Great service, fast shipping and...like...the only place in Australia that sold them. At the same time was chatting with k9pro.com.au about getting one but DTP had them in stock ...and oh! They're in stock again! Better let my mates who wanted one know.

I have the MM up high when I'm not around, so hoping if I build a box with a button on top she can be convinced that running the length of the yard to press button then back again will help keep her fit while letting me slack off a bit XD Neither of us enjoy our exercise walks tbh, the streets are too stressful with too many roaming dogs and front yarders.

Like a foobler?

Not quite as fancy!

Thread Information