Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introducing ... Truffle

Recall is something that comes with time. Practise, Practise and more practise ! Are you using high value treats ?[/QUOTE]

I'm using very small bits of dehydrated liver just bits left over from making her dinner. The problem is that she isn't all that food motivated when she's excited so it's mainly pats when outside, liver when inside.

The whole no sickness is only on a 15 minute drive though - still a LONG way to go until she's fully comfortable but we'll get there

Pete

I'm using very small bits of dehydrated liver just bits left over from making her dinner. The problem is that she isn't all that food motivated when she's excited so it's mainly pats when outside, liver when inside.

The whole no sickness is only on a 15 minute drive though - still a LONG way to go until she's fully comfortable but we'll get there
    A treat doesn’t have to be food – though food works well for my 2. I use tiny pieces of chicken, cheese and sausage.
    Also, I have been known to use cherry tomatoes ! I don’t even have to ask for a sit from them when I have them ! I get the 'fastest sits' ever from them !

A squeaky toy, a tug or a ball will also get my 2’s interest !

I am still really impressed with the no sickness on the 15 minute drive. Success begets success !

Don’t push the 15 minutes’ drive time period for a while – particularly in this weather. The more times she is not sick in the car – the better it will be for her. Little steps !

Loved the photos – regardless of them being blurry ! Good stuff !

Hey Riley,

Yes When we go to the park on the long rope I bring a tennis ball - she loves to chase it and chew so that works as a reward BUT she doesn't quite know how to play fetch properly yet. She has trouble handing it back

Here's a couple of pics with Truffle and Sushi.

truffle6.jpgtruffle7.jpg

update ...

We had our first little crack at a short off leash recall session tonight.

There's a fully fenced soccer pitch just down to road so off we went and she had a grand time running around, nose to the grass IGNORING everything I said and did.

frustrating but really exactly what I expected. A little while longer on the long line I think

Pete

Thread Information