Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White grain looking things in poo?? No idea where it's from!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalacreek View Post
    Yeah has to be whole cereal grain, wheat, barley or triticale springs to mind. Cereals are not grown in pods, they are grown in ears so those are not seed pods, just whole grain or seeds of the cereal plant. My dogs will scarf down whole grains if they can get into by storage containers.

Farmers are harvesting over here and there is a lot of grain spilled on the side of roads and in paddocks. The birds get very heavy with grain and find it slow to lift off from the road when a truck comes.
    Interesting thoughts.

The area I live in, all the farmers have beef or dairy cattle. I don't know anyone around here who does crops that need harvesting...

We don't feed our cattle any kind of grain feed and my parents say the neighbours don't either. We haven't asked them though.

Hmmm... Maybe I should strap that GoPro to her

Quote Originally Posted by maddogdodge View Post
    Interesting thoughts.

The area I live in, all the farmers have beef or dairy cattle. I don't know anyone around here who does crops that need harvesting...

We don't feed our cattle any kind of grain feed and my parents say the neighbours don't either. We haven't asked them though.

Hmmm... Maybe I should strap that GoPro to her
    I would think someone is feeding grain or spilled some grain. I lived in dairy country and it was common practice to feed barley rations to high producing dairy cows in early lactation. I used to boil it and feed it to my horses as well.

I would think someone is feeding grain or spilled some grain. I lived in dairy country and it was common practice to feed barley rations to high producing dairy cows in early lactation. I used to boil it and feed it to my horses as well.
    How would it get to my place though? Closest dairy place from me is about 2km.... Not far at all but I still don't see how that much grain would get on my property....

We used to dairy years ago too... Dad got out of it... those early morning milkings in the middle of victorian winter... yuck! Plus, no days off from dairy cows

I vote going with the GoPro if it returns after the backyard isolation :P

Cereals are not grown in pods, they are grown in ears so those are not seed pods, just whole grain or seeds of the cereal plant.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogdodge View Post
    The barley grass doesn't really have pods,
    Thank you Ladies ! Gone back and fixed it up !
    Good grief - What was I thinking !

Thread Information