Thread: Summer @ 6 months

Default Summer @ 6 months

Summer, is my 6 month old malinois pup. Training in IPO.
    She was purchased to do IPO with. But fails the temperament test to do the training. Harsh. But i knew anyhow, before i was advised. But she can train to foot step track and obedience (which includes agility in IPO). So that's weve been having fun with that stuff.

Tracking: I am learning to trust her. She is not using memory, i am when we are tracking. So when im sure i went right, but she says i went left. I went left.
    I have to learn to give in to her superior skills. Im working on not being a know it all when we track. Truly is a partnership, and i must piss her off, blocking her from going left.

We have been laying foundations. Relationship, pieces of behaviours, and then reconstructing them at the end. Like scoot your butt around till its in line with my left leg. The most awesome thing ive learnt how to train. Done using a backward chain. God it takes ages to train each step. But so worth it when you with baited breath, reassemble it and test the training. Voila! or holy crap! We've had both moments

So i am keeping her for nose work only training. and family pet.

And getting another pup in Feb.

Bernie is on his last legs. And i took a leaf out of either mmj or dogmans post, and we've been doing his bucket list in the last few months/weeks?
    He has cancer, and struggles to keep food down. His bowels are often loose, and incontinence has occurred, much to his displeasure, he hates messing his bed. So we recently camped by a river, inserted canoe with trained human aboard, and swam the hell out of him all weekend, as he had to follow closely down stream. Canoes, and all 3 dogs swimming down the river with us. Happy Days!

Pohm has had a not so good winter, arthritis. And pretty much remained on top of nearest ducted heating vent to food source she can find.
    She has started working in a group, providing soothing for those distressed. working with a lot of trauma clients, and she's great at it. Very soft and gentle. Here n now, but too flatulent to attract offers of rehoming her lol

Under multi animal permit, i can obtain a pup, taking my number to 4, just have to register her as being on the permit, and paying said fee of course.
    i will only be training pup, and summer for tracking, as that's all that my time allows.

We are happy. Getting ready for summers BH. Doing focussed heeling on line course from forrest mickey. Brilliant trainer and competitor in mondio and ipo

So sorry to hear abut Bernie, old age sucks, I am dreading it with Dodge

Sounds like Summer is going well though, good to hear! Would love to see some updated pics of her!

Another pup already?? Wow! Another Malinois or something different?

Mali.
    in 2017

Thread Information