Hey folks! Not sure if you remember, my pup started limping at about 4 months, after several vet consults it was established that he had elbow displaysia. Had the surgery one and when they were in there they realised the damage to the joint was much much worse.
Now some 17 weeks after his surgery I still can't walk my dog! Even a 10 mintye walk ( slow) leaves him limping! Saw a physio who contacted my vet ( I've called the vet several times worried about his lack of progress and they kept tellin me 'he is where he should be')
Now my vet wants to do X-rays! Which I'm happy to do ! I am terrified they are going to tell me we need another surgery ! The first one and the recovery was pretty tough!
Another vet has suggested amputation which I feel sick about! My pup is only 1 year if age and has been limping since he was 4 months!
He's a happy boy and plays in the yard ( chasing birds and barking at things) does not seem to be going to badly with the lack of walking, but I'm worried that such isolation will turn him from a friendly dog to socialisation issues, I do take him out in the car and occasional walks, and took him camping the other day but his life is quite limited to home , birds and me!
I guess I just need to wait and see what the X-ray says, but I feel so bad, because I am already thinking that if they want to do surgery again .... I'm not sure if I will.
Anyway just a moan and feeling bad for the pup!