Thread: That was a great idea. Not!

Default That was a great idea. Not!

I decided to trial a new cat litter. It is wheat based. Made of wheat husks or something. I have one open cat litter tray, which I can't put anywhere where the dogs can't reach it. The dogs now just eat the litter as a snack!

Which is bloody ironic when I go out of my way to feed them a grain free diet!

This stuff is quite expensive, so I'm going to finish my stash (had to buy in bulk because you can only buy it online). But then I'm switching back to something that doesn't resemble cocaine for dogs!

Hahaha! I'm lucky my dogs can't access the cat litter!

This will sound odd but we use Barastoc chicken layer pellets as cat litter, works great and its pretty cheap. Cause we have 20 chickens we're constantly buying the stuff anyway.

But if the dogs had access to it then they'd eat the lot... What a treat that would be! They love chicken food (for some strange reason) but topped with cat pee/poo? They'd be in heaven!

I currently have 4 cats in a small house, so I really need something that masks the smell and clumps too so I don't have to replace all the litter too often. This stuff works, but the cats actually hate it. So not a good option for our household. But I have some decent alternatives to fall back on. And the dogs don't like eating those. They'll still eat the cat poo when the opportunity arises, but I stopped caring. The cats get wormed every month and are fed a raw diet. Can't be too harmful...

I used to have that problem. Put cats litter in a room i could close off with child safety gates. Cats went over the gate dogs didnt.
    Worked for us.

Thread Information