Thread: A trip to Bunnings

Default A trip to Bunnings

What better way to work through the second fear period with the Poodle Monster than a trip to Bunnings when it's busy .

We met some idiots at the start who were saying very nasty things about Finn and me (Just because he looks poodly). They thought I couldn't hear them (which I couldn't) but my Mum was standing right behind them listening to every word... Ah well, their loss they're not willing to give Poodles a chance!

Despite that, we got lots of complements, Finn got lots of cuddles, he was perfectly behaved, no jumping up, no lead pulling, just relaxed. There was a couple of times he was a bit unsure, but a little encouragement and he quickly recovers and re-gains his confidence

I love walking him around and hearing little kids yell out "Mum look, there's a POODLE!!". All children just love him, it seems kids aren't judgemental like adults can be. Kids just see a happy fluffy dog for what it is instead of listening to stigma they hear about the breed.

Oh Finn also decided to lay down in a patch of mud in the garden centre. So my freshly washed Poodle had a big brown patch on his hip, lol I really shouldn't be surprised!

14886239_1405916996094404_557265701_n.jpg 14886252_1405916969427740_609835943_n.jpg

And the trip home... loves the wind in his hair

Hell yeah bunnings trip!! Yours doesn't make you put on a muzzle?
    (Missed opportunity to decorate a muzzle... ours is pink polka dots)

Quote Originally Posted by ThistleTheDog View Post
    Hell yeah bunnings trip!! Yours doesn't make you put on a muzzle?
    (Missed opportunity to decorate a muzzle... ours is pink polka dots)
    I thought they would! My mum went in first to double check what the rules are with dogs (I haven't muzzle trained Finn so was planning to put him in a trolly if they said he needs to be muzzled). But they said I could walk him in without a muzzle, no problems

I think it might be because my local bunnings is a fairly small one out in the country.

Thread Information