Thread: need some help with dog breeds

Default need some help with dog breeds

does anyone know any dog breeds that look like a jack russell terrier and that dont grow, im after a apartment dog need some help with finding the right type can anyone share their thoughts cheers

What do you mean by don't grow? Like keep a puppy looks or you want something small? There are small JRT variants out there but they're pretty small to begin with. Much smaller and they can start getting too fragile.

A rat terrier might be a bit smaller?

not like a puppy but one that fully grows to the size of a terrier i like the look of that breed but a terrier is too energetic to be living in a apartment so i need something similar to it just a small dog with like a terrier/hound similar look

I guess you could go to shows and look for people intentionally breeding show/pet terriers over working terriers. I'd try and make sure the dogs are quiet through temperament and not quiet due to shitty health.

I don't think there's an established breed out there that fits that description but if you keep an eye on the pound and RSPCA a terrier cross *might* fit the bill if the other half is a bit more sedate?

A tricky one to fill. What kind of exercise are you happy to give? Maybe a miniature pinscher?

Italian Greyhound or maybe a chihuahua cross? Both pretty lazy breeds.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Do you prefer a small dog or do you think it needs to be small to live in an apartment? Because suitability to apartment life isn't always related to size. You could have a greyhound in an apartment for example because they are real couch potatoes.

I think Italian greyhounds are adorable. If you prefer something less skinny, maybe a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel? They're supposed to be fine without much exercise. But they do need brushing and definitely look nothing like a jack russel.

A nice moderate short haired chihuahua or chihuahua mix can look pretty houndy/dog shaped without the frantic energy of a jrt.

Still benefit from some training and some exercise to avoid being neurotic messes. But otherwise can make lovely companions.

I'm not sure where you are based but there are a couple of good options on pet rescue:

Chihuahua x Pinscher
    http://mandrillapp.com/track/click/3...YxY2M2XCJdfSJ9

Whippet x
    http://mandrillapp.com/track/click/3...YxY2M2XCJdfSJ9

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Thread Information