Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted: Siberian Husky X Corgi

Thank you newfsie for pointing me in a better direction. For all others, was it really that hard to be civil and educate me about a different breed which was similar in stature and appearance? Or do you forget that some people don't have as much experience and knowledge in these areas as some of you. You should be ashamed of yourself for jumping the gun and attacking me without thought

Quote Originally Posted by lukerob88 View Post
    Thank you newfsie for pointing me in a better direction. For all others, was it really that hard to be civil and educate me about a different breed which was similar in stature and appearance? Or do you forget that some people don't have as much experience and knowledge in these areas as some of you. You should be ashamed of yourself for jumping the gun and attacking me without thought

Sorry 'lukerob88' - But - We were really not sure whether your post was a wind-up or for real !

Even with just basic knowledge of breed sizes - you would/should know there is a huge size difference between a corgi and a
    husky. Hence the comments of the danger of breeding this particular X breed.

Pleased '
    newfsie' was able to suggest to you a better option.

Good on you for coming back and taking advice. We just get tired of being civil on many occasions and having the advice thrown back in our faces. I guess we thought it might be a wind up given the huge difference in size between the 2 breeds.

Really the best thing to do is to choose a dog based on your lifestyle and ability to satisfy the needs of a dog rather than primarily on looks. So many dogs end up being surrendered because the owners did not understand the requirements of the breed.

For all others, was it really that hard to be civil and educate me about a different breed which was similar in stature and appearance?
    Hi Lukerobb88

Really glad you came back and gave us a bit more info. We do get a lot of hit and run posters who know how to wind up the dog obsessed. Desiger dog breeds or just making random dog crosses in the hopes of getting something of the right size and appearance is prone to many many problems that usually end up in the pound.

A lot of people believe that mutts or cross breeds don't have health problems but bad breeders are more likely double up on a bad gene when cross breeding because they don't do any genetic tests on the potential parents. Not to mention the problems you can get if the small dog gets pregnant to the big one.

So I'm glad you like the valhund. What is it about the husky and the corgi that you and your friends like - and how are you going to deal with problems like ticks and hot weather with such thick coated dogs used to cold climates? Another dog that you might like (but it's very trendy and hard to get a good one at the moment) is the Japanese Spitz. Or the keeshond. But they both have very thick coats and it would be hard to find a tick on one of them.

Thread Information