Thread: 11 year old chihuahua acting strange

Default 11 year old chihuahua acting strange

Hello! I'm new to this website and I don't know if I can post this, but my 11 year old chihuahua Lewis is usually pretty friendly and is generally a happy dog, but over the last 2-3 days I've noticed he's been acting really strange. Usually he likes hanging out on my bed or on the couch but in the past few days he's been sitting in the corner of the kitchen and climbing into my wardrobe and just hiding in weird places. We recently got a new cat but I don't think that has anything to do with it because he likes cats and they get along well. If someone could please give me suggestions as to what is wrong that would be great!!

When my dog acts like yours they're usually in pain or at least uncomfortable or frightened. Have you taken him to the vet? Maybe somethings bugging him

Rural Western Australia

Yes I would think he could be in pain. I would not ignore this behaviour, he is an older dog and it could be the sign of a problem starting to manifest. I would get him checked out.

Please take your pup to the vet.

Any drastic change in behaviour is a sign that something is not right. I always check medically first.

Good Luck !

Thread Information