Thread: These dogs need help

Unhappy These dogs need help

This lady was on gumtree trying to sell things to pay her vet bills and as I'm always a sucker for a sob story I thought I'd post it here in case anyone wants to buy something or maybe help her out in a small way. She looks like she could use some help.
    Are there other payment plans you can get from the vets? Any suggestions?

Many vets will link you up with GE loans which are a bit shark like. You're better off with a personal loan from a credit union.

I could only contribute to something like this if I knew the person - myself. Otherwise it's too easy to be scammed or contribute to enabling a person's poor financial decisions or keeping a dog alive when there's no hope of a good quality of life.

I find it's very hard for vets who must also deal with this on a daily basis - people who can't afford the bills, coming in with their sick pets. If the vet goes broke helping these people - that's not good for the paying customers and it also just enables the problems to continue.

Western Sydney

There's a dog on Pet Rescue that they say was put in the pound because the owners couldn't afford the vet bill...sounds a little strange to me too.

If someone can't pay the whole bill...I'm sure the vet would come to some arrangement or get a loan...that's what I'd do.
    Chloe & Zorro
    Rottweilers and German Shepherds are Family

Thread Information