Hello Dog Lovers,
I have a new 3 1/2 month old red cattle dog cross kelpie that I adopted from the pound. She is very cuties (I'm not biased I swear) and has a very shy personality. We have only been together for 2 weeks now so there are still some kinks to work out but she is settling in nicely.
Training in some aspects has been going well and in others very poorly.
Training that has gone well:
- She is excellent on the leash now and doesn't pull or constantly swap sides and get caught in between your legs.
- Off leash she never strays far and will keep coming back to ensure that everything is OK
- Toilet training went very well for the first week although there has been 2 accidents in the last 2 days
- She doesn't chew everything only her bones and toys.
- She doesn't bark.
- She doesn't cry when you leave.
- She sits on command
Now to the problem I am having. When trying to train her she has a tendency to flop down or roll over on her back to avoid the training. Then when you try and get her on her feet she takes a step then flops back down again. She will also do this if she doesn't want to go outside.
I am not sure how to deal with this and it is making additional training very difficult and frustrating.
She is great with other humans but seems scared of other dogs and tends to drop and roll onto her back in a submissive position when confronted. It seems to be her go to move.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
PS Here is a photo .... can only get them when she is asleep as she is camera shy.
See I told you she was cute