Thread: Is It Possible?

Default Is It Possible?

I have been feeding Mimi (20 months old) raw meat for the past 2 months or so and found that she eats better and with appetite. She is very energetic and loves the outdoors. Twice daily, we take her to the park and throw the ball for her to fetch. She LOVES that ball! On the second outing to the park in the afternoons, when we throw the ball for her to fetch, there will be an other dog that runs along side her, pushing her sideways, not for the ball, but to compete with Mimi. She doesn't like that at all !!! She gets to the ball, picks it up and as she starts heading back with the other dog still alongside her, she will get very annoyed at it, drop her ball and attack it. She doesn't bite, but gets really angry and shows her teeth. Once the other dog cowars, Mimi picks up her ball and brings it back to me.
    I should add that when Mimi arrives at the park, almost all dogs run towards her. This has always been so since she was a small puppy. I don't understand that popularity because she doesn't seek any of them. She does acknowledge each one when she arrives but the moment she runs, everyone runs after her. Mimi is of medium size but is a very strong dog. She knows her boundaries and will always avoid the possibillity of conflict when she senses that a dog is stronger than her. She doesn't cowar but moves away.
    Is it possible that the raw diet is the reason for this behaviour? I am concerned.

No, it's not the diet IMO - she just doesn't like being pushed around

Spounds like she's a bit of a babe
    In my opinion (I'm no expert) she refuses to be bullied and I don't think it would be anything to do with her diet, however I have heard that too much red meat can bring on aggressive behaviour.

Oh I am so pleased! Because I don't know her origins, I worry that she might have some kind of agressive gene in her. I started as of yesterday to give her cooked meat and I will do so more often now rather than mostly raw. She is not normally agressive and she is a rather nice dog. She has done this with two different dogs and both stopped bothering her once "she told them off"! Thanks guys for giving me some peace of mind, I was quite worried.

You're welcome Mimi1
    I'm no expert, but i really think there's nothing to worry about. Even nice girls behave badly sometimes
    Maybe don't feed her red meat everyday, give her white meat instead just to be safe.
    Mimi Sounds like a cute girl,looking forward to seeing pics of her.

Thread Information