I really need some advice. We have a 10 week old bull terrier puppy (Rosie) who wont stop biting us. We have had her for 4 weeks now and this problem has been going on the whole time, but as she is getting bigger and stronger so are her teeth and her bites! Hands and ankles are her favourites but she will also try jumping up to bite anywhere.
I think we have tried all the methods outlined in other posts here;
- We have tried the yelping when she does it,
- saying no, spraying a mist of water (this worked for about 2 days but now she thinks the water spraying is a game and she growls and barks at the water bottle and tries to attack it in the hands of whoever has it).
- We have tried leaving play for a short time as soon as she starts biting,
- and re-direction with other play and toys (this works for a short period but within a minute she is back to biting.
- We have tried tea tree oil sprayed on our feet and hands(this is the only thing that seems to work but she does still try to bite and as soon as it wears off she is back to biting and jumping).
She starts puppy school in 2 weeks time and will be able to go out for walks in one week (she had her 10week vacs on Tuesday)
Im hoping this will burn up some energy but Im worried that we cant break her of the habit of biting and the problem is only going to get worse as she gets bigger. Its just my husband and myself, Im home with the puppy all day at the moment, but she treats us both the same way. ie. biting hands and feet of both of us... Any advice please?
PS Attached are photos of Rosie as I know how much people like puppy photos!