Thread: Looking for bichon frise breeder in Victoria

Default Looking for bichon frise breeder in Victoria

Hi, there

My dog is bichon frise 1yrs old(4.7kg)
    We're looking for male dog for breed.
    We prefer to find purebreed bichon frise, but we might be happy to find maltese or poodle.
    If so yourself, please contact me

Is your bichon an ANKC registered pedigree?

If so - then other ANKC registered breeders might be interested.

But if you want to use a maltese or a poodle - you're going to get abused by any ANKC breeder for cross breeding and ruining the breed - not improving it.

You also want to do genetic tests on both dogs to make sure you are doing your best to avoid a host of genetic diseases.
    Disorders by Breed - Bichon frise - LIDA Dogs - Faculty of Veterinary Science - The University of Sydney

Disorders by Breed - Poodle (Toy) - LIDA Dogs - Faculty of Veterinary Science - The University of Sydney

eg if you double up on the cataract gene - you can breed blind puppies.
    And even small poodles can throw back to standard size - and then you have gigantic puppies and your bitch might need a C-section or die.

If you want to breed - you also need to consider this list of responsible breeder attributes
    What is a responsible companion animal breeder? - RSPCA Australia knowledgebase

In some states - there are a lot of rules around breeding and selling puppies - eg all puppies must be 8 weeks old and microchipped before you rehome them.

I think if your dog is not an ANKC registered pedigree and you're not prepared to go find another bichon frieze - you should probably do your adorable puppy a favour and get her desexed. So much less hassle and risk of things going horribly wrong.

Thread Information