Thread: Chocolate & Black Labrador

Default Chocolate & Black Labradors

We have recently moved and are building a new home with the construction time being delayed. We unfortunatley have to give our very much loved labradors away as a result. We have 5year old Diego who is a black male lab, desexed and has papers, along with Diego is his little sister Ellie who is only just 1, she is a chocolate lab and has also been desexed.
    We are desperate to give Ellie and Diego a home together, they are both excellent with our children aged 3 and 2 who will miss them dearly. If you can help us find a loving home for them please let me know. Time is not on our side so please even if you know of a friend that may love these beautiful breeds of dogs but does not want the puppy stage let me know. We are from Newcastle NSW.
    Last edited by Lablova; 07-27-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Forgot to add location

Do you have friends family or someone that could look after them untill your house is done, So you dont have to give them away?

Are you sure you can't make other arrangements? Temporary care? Temporary foster care? Why do they have to go for good?

I know exactly what you are saying, but we have already had them with my husbands parents for 2 months and they are unable to look after them anymore. I have asked friends and family but the majority of them either already have dogs or no yard. We have also looked into boarding them but simply cannot afford it. I have asked through this forum just hoping someone may be able to help.

Even though it is not entirely ideal, are you able to perhaps afford boarding for them? Long term rates can be reduced significantly with a little negotiation.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

If you did find someone to take care of them till you were ready to take them, would you keep them? Or have you made up your mind to re-home them forever? What state are you in?

Thread Information