Our Dog Roley is 9 Months of age and we think he got stung by a bee the other day. We had just come back from a walk and was preparing breakfast when Rod said "what is that lunatic doing?" he'd seen him leap about. I went and checked him and he looked to be biting his paw. Next minute Roley walks in and leans on my husband then loses control of his bowels and slowly sank to the floor. We were like WTF! He then started heaving and vomiting and had a very sluggish heart rate. The outcome was that we rushed to the vets with the dog vomiting heavily in the back of the car. Luckily a vet could see Roley immediately and she said that she suspected that he had been stung by a bee and had an anaphalatic reaction to it.
Anyway after 4 hours on a saline drip and medicated with Cortisone and antihistamines a very subdued Roley was allowed home. With us $426 lighter in the pocket.... thank goodness for pet insurance!
So just a warning, this is apparently the time of year that lots of pets get stung so be aware!