New to this forum and tried to do a search but kept going to HTTP:401 or something like that. Sorry if there is already a post on this.
I have a 20 week old German Sheperd so he is still only a puppy. He is actually on the very thing side of the scale according to our vet and we would like to try and beef him up. The vet suggested that we give him some of the "Super Premium" branded dog foods and he will definitely eat them. I have tried many things.
*Science Diet Puppy Food
- He wouldn't eat this at all.
- Tried to mix it with wet food and he would only eat a half of what he is supposed to eat. (2 Cups)
*Royal Canin German Shepherd Junior
- Out of a 12kg bag, he probably ate 8kgs of it and the rest was thrown away.
- Had to mix this with some Rice/Chicken/Raw Lamb unless he wouldn't eat it.
*Wellness Puppy Food
- We tried this now and he won't eat this either. He didn't eat the other brands so we thought we would try something "All Natural" but this doesn't seem to work either.
It's got to the point where all he will eat is wet food or raw meat. Like I said he is roughly 5 months old and weighs only at 15kg. He looks very thing and I am very worried. He has had all his treatments, worms, fleas etc. The vet also said there is nothing wrong with him health wise and that he is a really fussy eater.
It seems to be getting worse and he doesn't seem to be eating the dry food which is a worry.
I was also told to try some of the other Super Premium brands but I am hesitant as he hasn't eaten the three that we have already tried. Any suggestions on how to break his habit and gain some weight on him would be really appreciated.
Thank you everyone in advanced for any advice.