Thread: Bedding for puppy

Flagstaff Hill, SA

Default Bedding for puppy

Hi guys ,

I was wondering what is the best thing to use for your pups bedding / mattress?

At the moment I'm using a baby's change table matress(which has a plastic type covering over it), which I cover with an old towel.

I read somewhere that "vet bed" is good too?

What do you all use?

I used anything I didn't mind being chewed into tiny pieces. Mostly old towels, old jumpers or sweatshirts and newsapers in cardboard boxes.

I thought vet bed was for newborn puppies. It's expensive and not better than newpaper and towels.

Would you serious spend a lot of money on something your dog is going to shred?

Pup bedding:

Again I don’t spend a fortune on this sort of stuff. Op shops, dollar dazzlers, sale items and stuff I already have at home – normally sorts out my pups bedding with things like - doonas, doona covers, blankets, sheets, towels and pillows.

I like things that can be put in the washing machine – washed easily and dry on the line. I wouldn’t worry about vet bed stuff – I have only ever used it for a litter of pups – then it was a godsend !

I would suggest that you continue with the crate. When the weather gets a bit cooler – start off with sheet over the crate and then a blanket. Inside the crate, I cover the mattress with a double doona cover which allows the pup to be able to snuggle in and some goes up the inside of the crate - and then I put a blanket in there also.

All of mine, over the years have also liked having a pillow to rest their weary heads on in their crates – but that one I will leave up to you to decide on !

Thread Information