Thread: Bed wetting while asleep

Default Bed wetting while asleep

Hi All,

Well this week has been a great week in terms of Zulus sleeping.

I only wake up once, around 1am, to take Zulu to the outside toilet, so he is stretching 3-4 hours.

During the day, when im home, if he is in his crate and he needs the toilet, he lets me know, which is great.

However, there have been the odd occasion when Zulu has slept through the night, but in the morning he has wet his bed.

This clearly happened while he was fassssst asleep as I have been sleeping in the lounge, which is close to his crate, and if he needed the toilet, he would have let me know.

With this in mind… do puppys wet their bed while they sleep? I guess babies do it… so puppy’s are the same?

Cheers,
    Robbie

I have never come across this in healthy pups - only when they have a UTI (urinary tract infection) or are old and lose control of their bladder.

Suggest you have a chat to your vet about this.

Maybe you were in a really deep sleep and didn't hear him ? I would still be taking him out more often at this stage - and not forcing him to hang on. He will set the timetable for toilet breaks as he gets older.

I would get that checked. It would worry me. My female puppy had that problem and it ended up that she had a congential condition with her urinary sphincter where it lacked tone and allowed urine to leak from her bladder when she slept. She has been on medication ever since. Could just be a UTI. Worth checking if it continues on a regular basis.

Robbie

I think this is one reason why I set the alarm to get us up while my dog was a puppy.

I agree with the others - might be worth a chat with the vet if it happens again - otherwise - set alarm
    eg bed time 10:30pm,
    ist alarm 1am - that's only 2.5 hours
    next alarm would be 3.30 am
    or you could try 1:30am and 4:30am (I think these were my choices).
    and by the time you get to a 2am pisstop - then you might make it all the way to normal get up in the morning darkness time.

'robbiepapenfus' - any news or an update regarding your pup ?

He seems fine, but we going to the vet in 2 days for his 2nd vaccination, so ill speak to the vet.

so he's stopped bedwetting?

I do love an update so let us know how it goes.

Could it be that he was already awake and peed in his bed before you got him out? What would worry me if he was actually asleep or lying down and you could see the urine dribbling out which is what was going on with my dog

Could it be that he was already awake and peed in his bed before you got him out?
    I think this could have been the case.. no more 'bed wetting'

Thread Information