Hi this is my first time on any kind of forum, I have just recently been forced by my council to sign a declaration that my dog is dangerous. my question is can this decision be changed ?
My situation is I live in Victoria outskirts of melb on a 20 acre property my brother was fixing a hole in a dam at back of block,he had his dog a mas'tif x and my dog a purebred American staff with him the dogs wandered off and attacked an alpaca got caught in the act [farmer should of shot dogs], ranger was called dogs seized .
the dogs spent 2 1/2 month in pound awaiting court case, my brother took the rap pleaded guilty he got in total $4500 in fines & costs the next day after court he rang the ranger to find out about getting the dogs back to be told they were declared dangerous and would have to comply with the dangerous dog regulations ok accept decision . spent $2500 approx. on cage,5 signs & 2 collars to keep dogs.
A ranger came to inspect every thing and told us to go to the council office and sign paperwork. we then looked into the domestic animal act to find under s.36,36[2a],[2b] they did not follow correct procedure ,upon getting to shire office we were greeted by the head ranger who had two declarations to say that we are declaring our own dogs dangerous, we refused to sign only to be told by her boss that if we did not sign our dogs would be put down we asked for a internal review and told there is no review then told fine don't sign the papers I will put the dogs down ,we made a mistake by signing the declaration.
we have since paid $250 dangerous dog registration to have my brothers dog returned my dog [snow] is still in the pound waiting for her to be desexed and another $250 rego . snow should be home Friday. sorry for not explaining myself earlier name of shire withheld till dogs are safe.
PS I love my dog