Thread: Well I'm losing it..

Default Well I'm losing it..

I don't know how I'm going to survive waiting another 6 months just for the chance of getting my bulldog puppy. Breeder is trying again in Feb/March. I've become so obsessed I'm talking to the imaginary puppies as I walk around the house (its very sad ). I've picked out names for the two dogs we eventually want, I've bought almost everything you can for a dog, I've driven away friends talking about it too much.

My breeder keeps saying if I can't wait and want to go with someone else that's fine but I really like her dogs and I honestly can't find that many other British bulldog breeders in Australia. I was down at Christie's Beach the other day having dinner and I accosted everyone who walked past with dogs asking for a hug. Honestly I shouldn't be let out in public! But got to admit hugs from two staff crosses and two boxer pups was worth it!

I'm hoping to get to another dog show soon so I can have another hug of my breeder's dogs and there is a Bulldog show coming up in May where I might just go crazy and smear myself in peanut butter so all the dogs jump all over me!

Help help... how do I get through this?!

Ooh - you poor thing !

I do feel your pain in waiting - I am doing the same !

Why not offer to help the breeder with her pups at the shows ? Who knows she may even let you take one in the ring !

Have you joined the local bulldog club ?

Just a few suggestions for you ! Take care !
    Last edited by RileyJ; 01-03-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Maybe you'd like to foster a puppy until you get your own?

That's where you "borrow" one from a rescue and look after it while they find a home.

Beware of the "failed foster" where you decide you have to adopt the puppy.

For some reason - adoption always seems to take the pressure off - and suddenly the critter you always wanted comes into your life.

I like Heather at Adelaide All Breeds - she does a great job matching dogs and people...

Adelaide All Breed Dog Rescue Inc. - PetRescue

Maybe Cougar the bull terrier mix would be good practice for owning a bull dog puppy?

Oooh I'd love to Hyacinth, but it's taken so long to convince OH to let me get a dog and now he's adament that nothing but a bulldog pup will do. Also I don't know if my heart could take loving a dog I have to give back

Thanks RileyJ it's worse not having a pet at all. Once I have one I'm sure I'll be more patient about getting the second one. OH keeps reminding me that when we do get the puppy i have to stop hugging it long enough for it to breathe!

Oh and the bulldog club in SA pretty much consists of my breeder and a couple of others from what I can tell. I'd love to help with the dogs at the show, but it's her and her husband and they are always quite focused while it's going on so I try to stay out of their way til its over. Then they let me have snuggle time with the dogs
    Last edited by ejburke32; 01-03-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Yep - it is a help to have the BBD here ! I haven't told Riley yet - so will be interesting to see how he will react.

He is really enjoying being the only-lonely one at the present.

Also - have you thought of joining up with Dogs - SA ? I find my state one is well worth the yearly fees. It also has allowed me in the past to have reduced council rates for entire pups. It also gives you access to a lot of areas in the pedigreed dog world !
    Just another suggestion ! smiley-eatdrink004.gif

Riley is a British Bulldog? Ooooohh pics plllleeeaaassseee, pictures are the only thing stopping me going insane at the moment. who did you get him from?

No - he is a GSP - similar looking to this one !

Innocent.jpg

I have put some photos in an album - so look under my member name !

haha great pic. We've decided to get two dogs about 18months apart so we don't have to deal with 2 puppies at once. Breeder is suggesting we get one boy and one girl, says they will most likely get along better that way.

What puppy are you waiting for? How long til you know?

Your breeder sounds very smart. Girl/boy mix is good and it doesn't matter which sex is the older one.
    I am looking forward to a female GSP joining the family. You are crazy about Bulldogs - me - GSPs !

Thread Information