Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Colour?

Default What Colour?

Just a bit of fun, I'm wondering what colour lead you have for your dog/s,
    As my OH thinks i'm strange because NJ's a boy dog and he has a purple lead. I better add my favourite colour is purple.
    Charlie also a boy has a blue lead.
    What colour lead do you use?

Lola has a hot pink one.
    The first harness I bought her was hot pink and looked so gorgeous against her white fur, so I stuck with the same colour.
    Misi has a black one with hot pink bones on it, and a black harness.
    they also have a short, black double lead for walking them together

Cappy was my blue dog, Billie is my purple dog, Flash is my red dog, Sandy was red/green

Puppy will have leather and be my blue dog as well

Jess had a red collar and lead.

Candy has a purple studded collar with a black haltie and black lead.

Falcon has a blue collar, blue lead and blue harness all with the silver reflective stripe.

I've got a few but nothing fancy.
    Black (normal and a lock lead for the rare occations I take Griffen to the corner shop)
    Red (a short one and a long one)
    Yellow (really crappy not sure where it came from)
    Purple (our long long lead)

Taya did have a green collar and lead but her new set is black with mauve on the edges. I'd love to get another set, but I can't justify spending that amount of money at the moment.

Kimba has 2 good collars, a black diamonte one and a Pink one.
    There others floating around. She has a purple lead.
    For her birthday I want to buy one of those Rogue Royalty Hot Pink studded collars. She always gets mistaken for a boy...

I'm a bit of a sentimentalist so I keep collars and leads. I still have the red tartan collar and lead that belonged to my Border Collie/Kelpie cross Sheena who was born in 1967. Border Collie Holly was born in 1975 and I also still have her rolled leather collar and leather lead. Holly wore that collar for almost 15 years and it is still in excellent condition.

Herne Deerhound had a blue tartan collar and lead. Merlyn Deerhound was red tartan. Weyland Deerhound was another blue dog but not tartan. Cappy sent Weyland a blackdog dog collar for his birthday shortly before he died.

Arwen Pug wears the black leather collar that belonged to her mother Roane. It was also a puppy collar for the Deerhounds. Good leather lasts if you look after it.

Kenna Sheltie wears the black martingale collar and lead I used for showing black Pugs. She can slip almost any other collar. I am going to get her a rolled leather collar and matching lead when finances improve.

Strada Whippet wears a rather fancy black collar that came with him and has a purple lead that was used when he went lure coursing.

Lots of other collars and leads in my collection but these are the ones I can think of without checking.

btw I colour code my dogs for ease. Each collar is fitted to the dog and thus when I grab a collar I know it is going to fit that dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharoo View Post
    Kimba has 2 good collars, a black diamonte one and a Pink one.
    There others floating around. She has a purple lead.
    For her birthday I want to buy one of those Rogue Royalty Hot Pink studded collars. She always gets mistaken for a boy...
    So does Taya.... it's soooo annoying!

Thread Information