Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mystery breed - any clues? Kelpie x?

Mid North Coast NSW

My first thought was Basenji Kelpie when I saw the pics in small form, but when I opened them up I thought he looked very Kelpie Corgi in that one on the beach. Lovey pup

Like previously said by others.... I can see the heeler too! By the ears & head shape but the colours look like a corgi.
    Good mystery!

I asked the lady running the rescue centre (before we went to see him) if he was a kelpie x corgi, she said she doubted it. His legs are quite tall. Not sure if the most obvious feature of a corgi's being its short legs would be a dominant feature (or not necessarily)? His colouring is really corgi like however, but a few people have suggested a fox terrier is probably the other breed in his mix.

His head shape is very reminiscent of cattle dog indeed, as are his eyes and coat type and texture. Colour is always the least predictable way of picking a breed. He could have basenji, but other than colouring and pricked ears he doesn't really have any basenji structure clues.

I would go with cattle x terrier.

I thought corgi too. It's the face.

He looks abit like a Basenji to me?? maybe x with Corgi? I dont know much about breeds but the Basenji I know as I looked it up when Hooch's DNA came back as part Basenji he is very very cute!!

se qld

Our neighbour had a corgi and I always thought he looked like our cattle dog, just a lot prettier.
    Lovely dog you have there.

Sunshine Coast

I love these guessing games.Me personally have no clue about breeds, but do enjoy learning about why other more experienced dog people say why a type of breed might be present.

Bitsa's are very good looking fur children full of wonderful characteristics of the melting-pot of genes.
    “All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
    ― Charles M. Schulz

I probably leaning towards either kelpie x or cattle dog/heeler x (and the x possibly terrier). Thanks for all your comments, much appreciated.

Thread Information