Hi everyone, haven't posted in a long time, but have been reading every morning. My life at moment very complicated with tween and parents visiting my mum for a must have operation or she will become a paraplegic (pretty scary stuff for us all).
Well Maxi decided he would add to my stress levels with a little help from mum. It goes like this arrive home around 6:30 greeted with Maxi and his very happy to see you dance. I go in and talk with Mum in her bed, Maxi joins us about 10 mins into our chat the boy starts spitting up white and smelling suspiciously like chocolate. Where in mum proceeds to tell me that she happened to share some of her white Fredo with the boy because he was looking at her with begging eyes and licking his lips. Mum got the chocolate can kill dogs lecture, as she was totally unaware of this. Mind you she shouldn't have been eating chocolate herself being type 2 diabetic (lecture 2 happened). Maxi consumed roughly the size of 10 cent piece.
The boy then went very quiet and took himself off to my bed, no more spit up but when I checked on him he was not his little self and looked and felt wrong. So I made the call to the eVet and decided I wasn't going to chance it and off we went, Vet was really nice but couldn't find and obvious sore tummy and all temp and physical checks normal apart from lymph nodes being up. Tick checked, mouth cleaned fir possible Kane toad none of which present. Chocolate not enough consumed to have this type of reaction, so pain med, anti-nauseous med and drip and overnight fluids.
Picked him up this morning little quiet and tired so hopefully will be back to his happy self this arvo. And everyone else a little wiser about how special and delicate the boy is and the obvious lighter hip pocket.