Thread: How big will my boy grow!?

Cool How big will my boy grow!?

Hi guys, Was just wondering if anyone could give me a guesstimate on how big my boy will grow?

He's a Ridgeback X Bullarab

I didn't see his dad but his mum ( ridgeback ) was fairly big.

Anyways I've attached 2 pictures, the one where he's lying on me he is 2 months and 20 days
    and the 2nd picture is a picture of him today he is just about 6 months! ( 5 months and 30 days )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bundaberg QLD

Awesome 2nd dog was a Ridgeback. Man can they run !!

As for how big ? Well its always justa guess with X breeds but 45 kg's give or take 5 kg's when fully grown i'd guess. Ridgies are usually a bit thinner than Arabs. I can see more Arab than Ridgy in him with those pics. Ridgies tend to have a longer snout/nose. Feed him well, and dont let the big fella jump to much while those big bones are growing so quick.
    Awesome dog mate...congtrats.

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    Education is important, but big biceps are more importanter ...

When I first saw the photos - I thought he was a jack Russell x whippet.

Goes to show how much I don't know. Bull Arabs are a bit of a mixture - anything the breeder thinks is a good idea at the time eg I've got a really strong bitch but I'd like her to be faster - lets mate her with a greyhound...

I think my dog was 2/3 her adult size at 6 months - so whatever he is now - expect at least 50% bigger. But if he's ridgeback x - then maybe 100% bigger than he is now. Ridge backs are very tall dogs.

So you said you were researching - what made you choose this one?

As to how big your pup will grow to - is like saying how long a piece of string is !

There are heaps of variables that come into play. Desexing early can affect the height and overall size of a dog. Feeding the incorrect type of food can also have impact on the overall height and size of your pup. Was your pup the runt of the litter? Just to mention a few for you !

Not knowing the breeding behind the sire of the litter - other than knowing he is a bull arab- also does not help to answer your question.

A link for information on the bull arab side:

Bull Arab Dog Breed History In Australia

There is no such thing as a purebred bull arab - it much depends on the area that you live in as to what other breeds of dogs they will use - and still call it a bull arab.

Here is link for the dam's breed information:

Australian National Kennel Council

Are you able to find out more information regarding the sire? That would be big help.

I think 'Sean' is pretty close to the mark - weightwise.

Thread Information