RileyJ I was not aware that you are judge and jury, nowhere in my posts have i said that we have done any health testing sure, but i have also not said anywhere that i have not. thats because mating was 9 weeks ago, im finished thinking about that stuff for the moment, we can only wait for the birth so im thinking about my pups future. why would i include a "money back guarantee" on the pups health if i thought there was a possibility of these issues? you know how expensive a litter is and our aim is healthy and productive pups and i would not have ever have agreed to breed her (nor would the dog owner have risked their name) if there was no testing done. this post was asking simply if anyone could share what they do, im not looking at going to court just making sure the buyers understand what they are entering into by buying a puppy and also give them some peace of mind. i wasnt aware that i had to share every little detail in order to ask a question, you know what they say about people who assume, you know nothing of the situation that led me to this point and to be honest even if this was an accidental pregnancy to an unknown dog i would still be eagerly awaiting the pups.
Hyacinth though we never signed on it we agreed to have her spayed by her fifth birthday, the reasoning was to prevent mammory/reproductive tumours as apparently the risk increases around then??? i might put that in too, will talk with the vet to see what she says about an incentive. there was a similar line in the sample but i was still thinking about the wording to use as obviously i cant MAKE people do anything, as you said once i sell the puppy i have no control. and yes, i got the sample contract from bordercollie.org and it says that that line is to prevent the dog or its offspring being used in puppy farms/mills. as i said im just hoping to encourage some responsibility in the owners im not making a legally binding document.
4 pups (what we could see on the ultrasound at 4 weeks) are already sold, they had applied for the fathers last litter with his owners bitch but missed out so she has told them that he has another litter coming through our dog, my grandfather has said he wants to look them over (not committing to anything as his dogs are champions he doesnt want to commit to a pup that could be a dud as far as sheep dogs go) so i dont have to worry about those ones i just have to weed out good owners for any others that might come, xray is booked for monday if she hasnt had them by then so we will know one way or another. i swore it would be today! but still no signs of labour, if i didnt have a sick breastfed baby i would be sleeping beside her tonight lol