Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Koda's progress

Default Koda's progress

Koda has been progressing really well with the training in regards to visitors, he now doesn't bark anywhere near as much as he used to
    Today i tested the training with another dog. Koda's aggression is only towards medium/large dogs so he didn't react aggressively to this dog at all, but it was a good test to teach him to focus on me instead of the other dog. I will continue to work at this and when he's mastered this we will take Koda out with the behaviourist and meet some larger dogs

Well done, it is so rewarding when the effort begins to pay off.

I love the little one rolling over in the end. It looked like it wanted to jump all over Koda.

I don't know how I did it, but somehow my dog has learned - if she acts like a pork chop around other dogs - she either gets off lead, or I feed her lots of great treats. Urk. I thought I was feeding her treats to reward attention on me, but she backchained in the "killer attack" display first. Oops.

I'm still working on videos for Nehkbet to look at. So far only got her doing "killer attack" (attention seeking display, tail wagging, bum up) for her friends (neighbours across the street).

Looking Good ! smiley-happy096.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
    I love the little one rolling over in the end. It looked like it wanted to jump all over Koda.

I don't know how I did it, but somehow my dog has learned - if she acts like a pork chop around other dogs - she either gets off lead, or I feed her lots of great treats. Urk. I thought I was feeding her treats to reward attention on me, but she backchained in the "killer attack" display first. Oops.

I'm still working on videos for Nehkbet to look at. So far only got her doing "killer attack" (attention seeking display, tail wagging, bum up) for her friends (neighbours across the street).
    When i started i was worried that he would end up doing that! thankfully he didnt!

I think, hopefully someone better at training than me will confirm, that maybe for me and my evil hound, making sure she's absolutely got her attention on me, and then asking for a bunch of different tricks one after the other (sit, stand, drop, pretty, drop, roll over, stand, heelwork tricks, etc) and then handing over the yummy treats, makes it harder for her to back chain. She knows she gets treats for all that... and you don't want her to be getting treats for acting grumpy towards anyone or dog.

And a few times, for the front door, I've just shoved her out the back and ignored her. Tho it's nice to have grumpy dog when the person at the door is a sales guy - who forgets to tell you that you can ask them to leave any time and they must leave (and they're supposed to tell you this).

Unfortunately - as far as Frosty is concerned, I need an off switch for tradies and friends and family.

Good to hear of Koda's progress! You have every right to be chuffed

Hyacinth, I do get a giggle at your descriptions of the 'evil hound' LOL

Training today with Rusty the Toy poodle! Koda is totally focussed on me at one point Koda was in front of me completely focussed and Rusty was to my side jumping up... and Koda just ignored it woo hoo i'm winning lol

575816_590248727661239_1649138420_n.jpg

might be time to up the challenge - with a new dog (in the distance)...

Quote Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
    might be time to up the challenge - with a new dog (in the distance)...
    I hope to soon start doing the training out in public with larger dogs.. cause thats what he actually has an issue with... but i have to wait until i hear from my behaviourist first!

Thread Information