Thread: New from Sydney

Default New from Sydney

Hello everyone at Dogforum.

I'm new here and at the moment I am currently without a "man's best friend". After having him for 9 years, Toby passed away 59 days ago and is terribly missed as I'm sure you all can imagine.

I would like to get another dog, the same breed as Toby but I really don't know what breed he was as I found him as a stray (all done legally).

If anybody could identify his breed from my album photos and where I in Sydney I might be able to purchase one, I would be extremely grateful.

I thank you all in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Hi 'dogbolter357' and to the forum !

Very sad times when we lose our 'best friends' ! We either live too long or they don't live long enough !

Can't see any photos yet - maybe put them in your post - and hopefully someone on the forum can help you !

Bundaberg QLD

Gday DB...

Sorry to hear about Tobys passing....R.I.P little fella.

I had a quick look at your album and to be honest i'm a bit stumped at his breeds.....maybe cocker spaniel and chihuha in there somwhere ??? LOL..i'm having a stab in the dark saying that.

Your chances of finding another dog similar to Toby would be very slim unfortunately. I can see why you want another one just like him...alot of people want to do that. But i wouldnt rule out just getting another 'bitsa' . You could be disapointed if your trying to replace Toby...another similar looking dog may have a totally diffrent personality and i'd hate to see you let down or dissapointed so soon after loosing your last dog.

Why dont you go and have a look at a animal shelter....visit the dogs and see if any of them make a connection with you. I'm sure some pooch will tug at your heart strings within 2 minutes !!

Whatever you do i wish you the best of luck in finding your new forever dog.

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    Education is important, but big biceps are more importanter ...

Sorry to hear about Toby, he was gorgeous.

I'd say he had some Chihuahua (long coated) in him looking at his type of coat, eyes and ears, there just like my Coco.
    He does though look like he was a little bigger then the average Chi and his muzzle tells me there's another breed in there.

Welcome to the forum
    Last edited by Julieanne; 03-04-2013 at 10:30 PM.

SE QLD

Welcome to the forum and sorry about the loss of your pup

Breeding I agree with Sean on the Chihuahua part and also that you shouldn't try and replace Toby. Unfortunately you will find the new pup you get will never live up to your memories of Toby.

If you love your bitsa's the best place to look would be the pound/animal shelter. You may fall in love with another dog all over again! I know when I was a volunteer I would fall in love with a new pooch every week! Good luck in your search for your new friend.

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

near Sydney NSW

Hi and Welcome to the forum!

Have a look at the gorgeous faces on Pet Rescue: PetRescue - Inspired by unconditional love - PetRescue
    Good luck with your search.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your little mate.

i'm with everyone else. I recently adopted from the RSPCA and let me tell you, there are so many little furry friends there begging for a home that you are sure to find one that you have a wonderful connection with. You can never replace Toby or the memories that you had with him, but you may just find a new little friend who desperately needs a home and will be so thankful and loving.

Melbourne VIC

Hey DogBolter357,

Looking at the pics, I'd say possibly Chi x Pom x Foxie or Jack russell or something, but really, He's a "bitsa", which isn't a bad thing.

I think you should have a look at Pet Rescue and see what animals have a similar bio to your boy. Better to have a different looking dog with similar temperament than similar look with terrible temperament.

I selected small dogs from NSW in the search field on pet rescue.
    Search small dogs in NSW

Lou on the first page looks good.
    Tom & Jerry on the second page, if you want two dogs
    Tia on the second page is a black Pom.
    A beauty Pom x on the third page called Charlotte
    There are a litter of Jack russel x terrier pups on the third page too
    Jake and Bernie on the 4th page.

I guess I'll stop there. You get my point. There are heaps of dogs out there in rescue that would love a home with you.
    Have a look and see if any of them stick out to you.

Good Luck with dog searching

Thread Information