Thread: Looking for red nose.

Default Looking for red nose.

Hi guys, i'm quite new to this forum.
    Recently (about 3 months ago) i have lost my beloved dog Eddy, as my father had left the gate open when i wasnt home :'( . I can guarantee someone had picked him up because he was such a friendly, loving and active dog. He was always there for me when no one else was, i loved him with all my heart. I tried everything from putting up posters / ads on the internet, to searching the surrounding suburbs around my town for the last few months, yet still no sign of him . I really hope that he hasn't been put down due to the stupid laws in australia on pitbulls. I know what you're thinking, "oh its a pitbull, bad dog, evil, killer " well no you're wrong. it all depends on how the dog is raised. i've had many pitbulls in my life. i've grown up around pitbulls, and they are really (in my opinion) the most amazing, loving dog. Well, i've started to give up hope on looking out the window waiting for Ed to just walk into the gate, so as bad as it sounds, i've decided to start looking for a new dog. If anyone has any puppies in the Sydney / NSW area please get back to me ASAP.
    PS. This dog is not for fighting it is for a life long friendship to replace what i once had.
    Thank you all very much for taking the time to read this.
    - Gee
    my beloved eddy

Hi mate, you won't get many people here who look down on your dog because he's a pitbull, you'll get quite a few(like me) who love the breed. Was he microchipped? I can only wish you the best of luck in getting him back, maybe disclosing your approximate area will help?

Edit : My apologies, somehow or other i didn't take in the last couple of lines of your post

Your best bet in finding a pitbull that will be well bred and not subject to stupid laws is to find a registered Amstaff breeder, just take care in finding someone breeding for the right reasons
    Last edited by mymatejack; 12-27-2012 at 07:12 PM.

SE QLD

I would recommend you look into rescue pups/dogs. If we can stop encouraging people to continue breeding badly bred Pits it may help the whole situation a little situation a little plus reduce the amount of dogs in pounds/getting put to sleep etc. Maybe have a look on PetRescue - Inspired by unconditional love - PetRescue. I know you aren't in QLD but these people might know of another rescue close to you,

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

I have sent you a message
    GageDesign Pet Photography
    Site still in construction so will post link when it's finished.

You might be able to get the dog you want in the ACT. But not in NSW. Cos of the stupid laws you refer to. And I'm not sure how easy it would be to get any dog - given you need a better way to keep your dog secure. I have a spring on one gate - that automatically closes it, and a bolt on the other one plus a large strategically placed rock so it can't be opened.

Good luck with your quest.

Geelong, Vic

If he was picked up roaming he probably was put to sleep or someone has picked him up and kept him because they knew who he was. Your chance of getting him back now is slim, and as you have not declared him a restricted breed and kept him as such you're potentially up for big fines if a ranger does find him and trace him back to you.

APBT's come under these restricions

Why don't you look for a pedigree American Staffordshire Terrier, similar look and temperament but with pedigree papers exempt from the law. Sorry to hear mate, I would be devestated if one of my dogs dissapeared

I trained my dog (lab) to find lost dogs. We actually went out and found a few dogs in melbourne a few years ago. I think by now his scent would be well gone obviously but still if you have another dog thats knows yours really well you might have some luck getting him over and then out to sniff around, with any luck someone that leaves near you may have him in their possession?

Just an idea.

Have you kept an eye on the Sydney pounds? Depending on where you live, or where he may have been picked up - Hawkesbury, Renbury Farm and Blacktown spring to mind. They have pit and cross types in every week. And yes they do release them to their owners, or sometimes to rescue - but I'm not 100% on what the procedure is.

Just a quick note to add - this youngster is in Blacktown Pound now:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Be aware that pit bull crosses are often not described as such by rescue. That's what I have noticed anyway. They're more likely to list them as staff crosses. Of course it is often impossible for anyone to know what their genetic makeup is but they must be very wary of giving a pittie to the wrong person.

Thread Information