Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cherry eye - is it hereditary?

Quote Originally Posted by RileyJ View Post
    ' mymatejack' - how is Brock going ?

Hopefully no more hassles with his eye !
    popped out again yesterday unfortunately, hasn;t gone back in

Same eye?

Quote Originally Posted by Beloz View Post
    Same eye?

melbourne australia

Kinda puts you off cherries dunnit?

I am very sorry that this has happened again to Brock. I really thought that cherry eye was not in your breed of pup - but if it happens very early in a pup's life - then the only thing you can say is that it is hereditary.

I would have hoped that the massage would have worked again - but !

' mymatejack' your pup needs to see a vet ASAP. Because the massage didn't work again - I am sorry to say that other treatments need to be looked at.

A couple of websites to look at - but you are probably all over looking for answers:

Cherry Eye - Animal Eye Care
    Cherry Eye - Medical Dogs - Pet Care Information from GreenCross Vets Australia

As far as vets where you are - if I didn't have a vet I could trust - I would always go with the local university vet clinic. They have the resources and the talent - because they are teaching future vets.

Other than that - I have a soft spot for AWL and they have a clinic:

Community Directories -
    Lort Smith Animal Hospital

Heaps of Good Luck Wishes for you and your pup - health problems in our pups - are the absolute pits !!!!

I know from experience - that you sometimes trust a breeder - and all you get is grief ! My first GSP in 1976 was a female and suffered from 'grand mal epilepsy' - drugs did help - but in those days - the drugs were horrific.

I really hope that you can find some answers !
    Last edited by RileyJ; 11-10-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Thanks RileyJ, the vet that diagnosed it initially i'd never been to before(and for several reasons will never go to again), but i only went there cause i was impatient to get his vaccinations done so i could get him out and about. One of Jack's final gifts was to introduce me to a vet that I really felt comfortable with(the vet that came and put him down), so yes, i will be booking in to see him asap.

Heaps of Good Luck Wishes to you both - 'mymatejack' and Brock - for your vet visit ! Hopefully it can all be sorted for you !

How are things going with ' Brock' ' mymatejack' ?

Thread Information