Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG my next door neighbor has bought a red nosed pit bull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reneighb View Post
    Because then I would be making this about the owners. It has nothing to do with that. Yeah with training and help they could become ok dog owners but for a first time dog owner who the hell recommends a dog that is BY LAW IN NSW regarded as a RESTRICTED breed?
    Sorry, but this has nothing to do with the type of dog and all do to with the owners. You have made it quite clear that they have no idea about dog ownership, that is not the dogs fault now is it? In the wrong hands these dogs can be dangerous. Most trainers are aware that aggression is not breed specific, hopefully they will be willing to train the dog, if not I would suggest your neighbours rehome if they are not willing to put in the work required.

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

Quote Originally Posted by reneighb View Post
    http://www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/DLG/DLGHom...-_Brochure.pdf. FOR NSW the laws on owning a dog that is regarded as a RESTRICTED BREED not anywhere I have mentioned its dangerous. There are other laws stipulating how a dog will be stamped as a DANGEROUS dog under the dangerous dogs act.
    dude chill.
    this laws is olny for dogs that have been deem dangerous
    even if it's a pitty any dog can be labeled as dangerous
    even a jack russal can be labeled as dangerous
    just show them how to care for a dog and how train them
    and a warning any thing you show them about restricted breed that can trun around and do it to you
    thay can tell the rangers about your dog and also your lucky if you were in Vic
    If a ranger see you dog and think it looks like a pitty well you will be in shit and a long battle
    so go easy on this you been whacing to much news all the news is is 50%BULL!&50%SHIT
    If you are reading this then you're doing just fine as to
    I'm not going to tell ya I lost the ' , . ? ! " Keys to my head
    No grammar no problem I don't know how to fly it any way Bye

No Ruby, these laws are for "restricted" breeds as well as "dangerous" dogs.

It is an offence in New South Wales to sell, acquire or breed dogs on the restricted dog list.
    Restricted dogs in NSW are as follows:
    (a) American pitbull terrier or Pitbull terrier;
    (b) Japanese tosa;
    (c) Dogo Argentino (Argentinean fighting dog);
    (d) Fila Brasiliero (Brazilian fighting dog);
    (d1) Any other dog of a breed, kind or description whose importation into the Australia is prohibited by or under the Customs Act 1901 of the Commonwealth;
    (e) Any dog declared by a council under Division 6 of the Act to be a restricted dog;
    (f) Any other dog of a breed, kind or description prescribed by the Regulations for the purposes of this section.

Council declared restricted dog refers to any dog where the council is of the opinion that a dog is of a breed or kind of dog on the restricted dog list or a cross-breed of any such breed or kind of dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Nattylou View Post
    No Ruby, these laws are for "restricted" breeds as well as "dangerous" dogs.

It is an offence in New South Wales to sell, acquire or breed dogs on the restricted dog list.
    Restricted dogs in NSW are as follows:
    (a) American pitbull terrier or Pitbull terrier;
    (b) Japanese tosa;
    (c) Dogo Argentino (Argentinean fighting dog);
    (d) Fila Brasiliero (Brazilian fighting dog);
    (d1) Any other dog of a breed, kind or description whose importation into the Australia is prohibited by or under the Customs Act 1901 of the Commonwealth;
    (e) Any dog declared by a council under Division 6 of the Act to be a restricted dog;
    (f) Any other dog of a breed, kind or description prescribed by the Regulations for the purposes of this section.

Council declared restricted dog refers to any dog where the council is of the opinion that a dog is of a breed or kind of dog on the restricted dog list or a cross-breed of any such breed or kind of dog.
    well i dint know that i was olny talking about e and f and from exp of living next to dangerous dogs that whernt kept in runs but let to rome the streets but thats a nutter story for anutter time
    If you are reading this then you're doing just fine as to
    I'm not going to tell ya I lost the ' , . ? ! " Keys to my head
    No grammar no problem I don't know how to fly it any way Bye

LoL anutter time...... I see what you did there!

Quote Originally Posted by Beloz View Post
    Now you seem to be contradicting yourself? You react to us saying that a pitbull requires the same training as any other dog with describing the owners as morons who have given away dogs in the past and are afraid of your dog. It is about the owners. They shouldn't be allowed to own any dog. And forcing them to keep their dog in a cage is not going to help anyone much...

I'm more worried about the dog. The owners meh. I couldn't care less. I know for a fact once they know the correct laws for the dog they own they will palm it off to someone else. It's about the welfare of the animal. I totally agree they should own a dog. Or if they chose to own one maybe something a little more beginner friendly.

They shouldnt*

Where have you been, reneighb?

dog it's not microchipped still at 13weeks hasn't seen a vet to have its vaccinations they said they won't be taking it to a vet either.
    Selling or rehoming a dog without a microchip and puppies must have vaccinations - is illegal in NSW now.

There's no point posting us three pages of the requirements for restricted breed (sheesh a link will do) - when you can't prove what breed the dog is.

You've only got a moron's word for it. Given the breeder was clearly dodgy - hasn't complied with the puppy rehoming law, there's no way they've kept a record of the dog's ancestry either so it's extremely likely that any breed of scary looking dog could be in the mix. And given it's some random scary looking cross breed - does not make it restricted.

It's also highly unlikely - unless the dog kills a bus full of school children on command - that the owner would get the maximum penalty. Even the Ayen Chol killer's owner did not cop a maximum penalty

I'm not here to have a back and forth debate about whether it is a red nosed pit bull or not. I know what they look like I know that the dog is predominantly one anyhow. You can't cross a white Aussie book with a white Asian and get a black baby. (don't make that into something racist either PLEASE! For flip sake)

I asked a simple question I've found my answers. Thank you for those people who were helpful.

I'm not a stuffy pit bull hater. Intact I love all dogs.
    I'm realistic as too which can be more powerful and what breed is more suitable to your ownership level.
    My next door neighbors obviously don't even cut it to own a yap yap ankle biter.
    I'm notifying the council of this dog next door.
    Before I do this I will also get the information as to where the breeders are so I can pass this information on to.

If people didn't breed these dogs (considering by law that have to be de-sexed) then there wouldn't be such a huge issue now with these dogs, if people learnt to control their dogs trained it in a balanced stable environment and didn't exploit them for their own fun and games then yet again there wouldn't be an issue in the first place for all "classified" restricted breeds or dangerous dogs.

Damn my iPad -.-

Thread Information