Thread: Grooming Competition

Default Grooming Competition

There is a big grooming compeition on this weekend in Sydney and Gemma the Gordon Setter is being used by a New Zealand team member for presentation in the gundog group tomorrow (Sun).

I'm thinking if we don't get one up on the Kiwi's in the Rugby tonight, Gemma may help even things out.

Seriously though, I was asked if she could be used a couple of months ago so in that time all she's had is brush outs, no stripping, clipping, trimming, thinning etc. I think her groomer from Team NZ has her work cut out for her.

The day will kick off about 5am in the morning when she'll be washed and finish about 11pm if she gets thru to the final three. Whatever the outcome I can't wait until the wild and woolley mammoth turns back into a beautiful swan.

I know Gemma will enjoy herself, a whole day of being the centre of attention, getting lots of treats. She's also having a sleep over tonight with her NZ groomer at a house close to the venue where she'll get to know her groomer before her 5am bath.

Good luck Emma and Gemma.

Geez I would love to volunteer a newfie or two or three.............good luck Emma and Gemma
    Pets are forever

Just got back from dropping her off. Gemma was last seen talking her head off to the afghan next to her - poor boy, he'll wish he's deaf by the end of the day.

It's so quiet here without her.

Can't wait to hear how she went. She sounds like a real character.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Just got back from dropping her off. Gemma was last seen talking her head off to the afghan next to her - poor boy, he'll wish he's deaf by the end of the day.

It's so quiet here without her.
    Well I could even send a chatty newfie girl LOL........
    Pets are forever

People keep asking me why my dog's coat is so soft. She looks like ACD - so you'd expect a bit wirey. But she feels like a cavalier - super soft and velvety.

I say she uses dead fish coat conditioner...

Takes people a while to work out what I mean. I do hose her off after a visit to the beach though, otherwise the smell has to be washed out with biozet and J&J baby shampoo and conditioner. Haven't had to do that for a while. Though she's a bit stinkier than I'd like right now. Too cold for dog baths.

We've had ducks in the front yard using the pond, just before leaving today Gemma walked into the pond for a drink, so I'm thinking she's got the dead duck conditioner smell. Hope her and Emma won't be in too close a quarters until after her morning bath.

Newfie, Gemma is a motor mouth, while some find it endearing I find it annoying, probably because everything she does is accompanied by chatter, woo woos and grunts. She can do all the basics, sit/drop/stay/send aways and retrieve, but even with a dummy bird in her mouth there is still noise, maybe I need a new frozen pidgeon - a big one so I'll pass on a second chatter box, but I'm happy to send her your way so you can have your ear talked off.

Beloz, you are right, she is a real character, the house is very quiet tonight, and very settled, no big slug snoring. If she was human she'd be that old bloke you meet at the bar that has lots of funny stories to tell about all the trouble they got into.
    Last edited by MAC; 08-18-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Thread Information