Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

I am new to this forum. I have always been interested in dogs but never had the opportunity to be a dog owner. I have always loved beagles. They are a beautiful dog.

Bundaberg QLD

Hi aknowles. Welcome to the forum !!
    Are you in the position now to own a dog ? They will change your life for the better.
    More loyal than any human could ever be and by far better listeners too. The only experience i've had with Beagles is watching them sniff luggage at the airports for food items. They are smart little cookies who follow thier nose !!

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    Education is important, but big biceps are more importanter ...

welcome aknowles

I went and had a look at and lo there is a beagle rescue org in victoria...

Beagle Rescue Victoria Inc A0050374H

I think the best places to get a dog are either the rescue orgs or from ANKC registered breeders or breeders who have a similar or better code of ethics as ANKC registered breeders and meet the RSPCA criteria for responsible breeder.
    What is a responsible companion animal breeder? - RSPCA Australia knowledgebase

And this site has great info about choosing a puppy or dog and how to look after it.
    Digital Dog Training Textbook | Dog Star Daily

Rural Victoria

Lovely breed, as long as you can adapt to most of their brains being lock-focused on what their noses tell them, you will be very happy!

There are a number of sub-standard ones about from BYB's who concentrate on supplying puppy farms with them (they are used a lot in cross-breeding, more's the pity) so please do take care to carefully research where you get yours.

In the meantime, you could join the Beagle Club of Victoria. Aside from lots of good advice. you would get their newsletter which will have the dates of their walks, hunts and social functions where you could go along and meet lots of beagles!!

Thread Information