Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rescue Puppy farm puppies

Perth, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkest View Post
    Hugs and kisses to your two nebies Nwefsie!

Soph is also food-anxious, and when left to her own devices with food presented in a bowl, she has no clue what to dowith it, so just trots away, looking anxiously over her shoulder as if to see who's following? Breaks my heart and makes me furious, all at once.

And more that are camera anxious! That's why no images of the Soph yet - she gets all quivery and jibbery when I put anything in my hands. I hate to think what she's had to go through in her 5-1/2 years trapped at her farm. Doesn't quite trust the husband yet either, but has taken food from him, so it's a start.

One day I hope that it will be very difficult to buy a generic, 'anydog' puppy unless it's from an adoption centre or breeder... we can live in hope I guess.
    I didn't realise that you had the rescue doglet Pinkest, I really admire you and Newfsie for taking on these beautiful dogs, who have these major issues because of people who just don't care, making money out of people who should really do more research, and it is heart-breaking.

Good for you guys, big thumbs up

They couldn't be in a better place than where they are right now.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

thanks! It's been just over a week, and it is more hard work than I ever imagined. I know that the end reward will be a great dog, but at this early stage, I can easily say "never again"! For about 23-1/2 hours a day I have no clue as to what I'm doing, lol! Love and attention, free, on tap, anytime. Lessons in manners, as and when requried (not much, so far, she is pretty cruisy) BUT anxiety issues... oh boy. We're meeting with a behaviouralist next week... took a while to find one I was comfy with, because all the ones I found that had online recs were men - not good when your doglet is men-anxious!

I wish there was some sort of association for rescued dogs where owners can meet up and chat, cause I could sure do with some mentoring from others in the same boat.

Thread Information