Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever been bitten by your own dog ?

I can understand any bite if it is unintentional (dog is in pain, given a fright, or missed the chew toy). Rex being a CD can get mouthy, though it doesn't hurt or penetrate any skin. One time Molly out of the blue was hyped up by Rex, jumped on the couch and bit the side of my arse! and then looked at me with her big cheesy grin - dunno what to make of that cause it was kinda intentional, but not really? Any other dog we've had in our family i have never been bit.

I think if you were ever savaged by your own dog that would say a lot about what sort of dog owner you are! Even dogs that are being treated badly and are abused usually still have great loyalties with their so called 'owner' who's dealing the abuse.
    Last edited by Kuri_89; 07-07-2012 at 08:18 AM.

I've been bitten by a few dogs, mostly unintentional. Harley use to be food bowl aggressive and he would have a go at me sometimes, I think he got me a few times and I was so shocked that my little pup would act like that. Thank god we trained that out of him.

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

Having cattle dogs yep I have been nipped more than bitten. My last dog was a rescue dog and every time I was pegging the washing out he would jump up and nip pretty hard near my elbow. One day he coped my elbow smack down on his snout (by accident just my reflex). Needless to say he never did it again.

My puppies are so mouthy at the moment but are learning quickly that I don't go in their mouths ;-)

No intentional bites with any of mine in the 30 adult years I have had dogs.
    Jessie was a bone snatcher from your hand and I copped a tooth down the side of a nail which festered very badly and I needed antibiotics. At that stage I was just looking after her as FIL owned her and he was away. Once she came back here permanently we worked on that and now she is just as good as the others and also allows me to take bones from her mouth if she manages to smuggle a small one inside.
    Last edited by Di_dee1; 07-07-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

Well it all depends on what you call a bite. I have said before that I have never been bitten by a dog but once I did put my foot into one of my BC's mouths. I was bare foot and went to kick a tennis ball when the dog made a play at the same time.
    Not sure who ended up more sore.
    Nev Allen
    Border River Pet Resort

No intentional bites but plenty of injuries LOL from being knocked down by boisterous dogs, tripping over small dogs, being dragged 50 meters on concrete once by a Mastiff terrified by a Telstra guy's head popping up out of a pit as we walked past, bashing my skull on overhead tree limbs when pooper scooping ... OMG the list is endless.

Yep, mostly coz I am an idiot though.

First time was by our family dog Rosie. A staffy. She started fighting with our border collie, kinda on me. I was about 13 or 14 and I stuck my hand on her chest to puch her away. She bit my little finger (hurt like a bitch) and immediately stopped fighting when she realised.

The second time was by Barney. We took him to this dog wash place. When it came time to dry him, he kept attacking the dryer. So OH said to me "hold his mouth shut"...and like an idiot I did LMAO. Anyway, he just pulled his muzzle straight back out of my hands and went to attack the dryer with my hands in the way, and he bit my whole hand. God it hurt. We didnt dry him anymore after that LOL

But no kinda "purpose" bites. We have never had a dog that would even thnk to snap/bite us on purpose coz they were crabby.

We do get bitten alot when playing, but thats different again and its gentle.
    Last edited by Lala; 07-10-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lala View Post
    Yep, mostly coz I am an idiot though.

First time was by our family dog Rosie. A staffy. She started fighting with our border collie, kinda on me. I was about 13 or 14 and I stuck my hand on her chest to puch her away. She bit my little finger (hurt like a bitch) and immediately stopped fighting when she realised.

The second time was by Barney. We took him to this dog wash place. When it came time to dry him, he kept attacking the dryer. So OH said to me "hold his mouth shut"...and like an idiot I did LMAO. Anyway, he just pulled his muzzle straight back out of my hands and went to attack the dryer with my hands in the way, and he bit my whole hand. God it hurt. We didnt dry him anymore after that LOL

But no kinda "purpose" bites. We have never had a dog that would even thnk to snap/bite us on purpose coz they were crabby.

We do get bitten alot when playing, but thats different again and its gentle.
    Bella was petrified of that hair dryer thing in those dogs washes lol was shaking like a leaf the whole time and stupid me didn't realise that there was a thing to tie them to one spot in the tub was chasing her up and down the tub with the dryer.

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

If he has a raw bone then you dont go near him.....

Quote Originally Posted by Poppyx View Post
    If he has a raw bone then you dont go near him.....
    Really?

I cant stand any hint of food aggression in my dogs. If I tell them to drop a bone, then I expect them to drop it. Sometimes ya have to pulls Barney's out of his mouth because he is a bit reluctant to give bones back. But hes never a wanker about it.

Pippi tried food aggression on me once. She was licking a plate someone had left on the floor and I went to push her away from it and she gave a wee growl. I gave her a wee tap on th ebutt and now, if you tell her to drop food, she spits it out at ya well quick LMAO

Thread Information