Thread: older desexed male suddenly humping everything??

Default older desexed male suddenly humping everything??

Our 8 plus year old desexed beagle has suddenly started humping things- and often. He used to do it maybe once a year, and suddenly in the last week its been 4 or 5 times a day. He is pulling cushions off the couch and humping them, pulling pillows off the beds and humping them, and attempting human legs...
    Its a sudden change- and really annoying. Any ideas?? We are stopping him as soon as we notice it. He has distroyed a couple of pillows this week though, and I would rather he loose this new habit.

Victoria, Australia

Lol wow he must have a lot of pent up energy.
    No one loves you like your dog does.

Rural NSW

Hormonal maybe?

Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

Southern NSW

Take him to a vet..A sudden increase of hormones can be a sign of some diseases...Sometimes cancer, prostrate or testicular.

There are also some not as nasty....but I would get a vet to check him out
    Pets are forever

melbourne australia

Im not sure, but id take a look outside the window, is there a red MG parked in your drive way? If there is, its hormones.

But any sudden change in behaviour, get vet checked, and as newfsie says, hormonal spikes indicate illness often.

rightio- thanks all for your words of wisdom. He seems so fine in every other way, coat looks great, happy walking, good eater, normal beagle (bloody shocking) behaviour! I am a tad reluctant to take him to the vet- the thought of blood tests for hormone levels etc, anyway- I am on to it...

Thread Information