Kahlua is a 25kg 1YO labradoodle. He has been to puppy school and dog obedience training since 12 weeks old. We always do the "triangle-of-temptation" every feeding time. He is generally what I would call an very well behaved dog.
- "sit-stay" for upto 10 minutes
- "come here" at off leash dog parks
- knows "inside" and "outside"
Of course, he would also be naughty when the opportunity arise - stealing breakfast toast from the kids is his current favourite.
But my real problem is that he would still jump on some people. He would not jump on me, but my 9 YO son and other little kids as well as my wife gets the worse of it. His teeth would also be showing (not aggressively, but just teeth exposed like a smile) so it can hurt. He would only jump when he is excited. I have tried all of the following and is running out of idea:
- asking the person to turn their back and ignore
- asking the person to turn away and walk into him
- asking the person to leave the room and closing the door on him
- the person shout out "HEY!!"
- distracting him by giving him a "sit" command - he doesn't get too distracted
- putting him out of the room whenever he jumps
- spraying him with squirt bottle
- even grabbing hold of his front paws and hold there
- asking the person to push him off
So, does anyone have any great ideas?