Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Giveaway 2yr Old Female Desexed BorderCollieXCattle

  1. #11

    Default

    yep I'm gobsmacked at the excuse too.... we live in a tick prone area.... ADVANTIX is awesome, they get done immediately after their hydrobath once a month, pretty simple really
    Cheers Aleesha
    Lilly, OH & Boof ..... the 3 things that make life tick!

    All posts made under the name of "Shelby-001" are copywritten and may not be used in any publication or media without my prior written consent!

  2. #12

    Default

    I don't shoot people down in flames for advertising their dogs.. this one was just the lamest excuse I have EVER seen

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadielee87 View Post
    I normally don't say anything, as sometimes people have no other choice. But that would have to be the lamest excuse for giving away a pet I have ever heard and was I honestly gob-smacked by it to put it nicely.
    I know what you're saying and if it is true yes it is lame, but I am a skeptic, I like to think there is more to it.

    I also like to think we are all dog lovers and members of what is probably the foremost dog forum in australia, and should be seeing a dog in need, rather than focusing on the reason why.

    people have to realise, that when someone is looking for a good home for a dog they can no longer care for, they might google something looking for thier best option, rather than just taking the dog to a shelter.

    Now, I found this site through google, so others surely will, and if there is a section called "Giveaway Zone" and someone in need, for whatever reason, says they have a dog to give to a "good Home", surely, once again as dog lovers, we can see past that and help out a dog in need, and surely that person has to be given some credit for actually looking for somewhere where there are dog lovers that may be able to help, rather than just going to a shelter like most people.

  4. #14

    Default

    For all we know Jonbox, the reason for this crap excuse is because the person doesn't want to admit that the dog is a problem. It may have bitten, it may have other aggression issues, it may be totally untrained or it may just be a normal overactive dog... unless the person is honest, he could just be passing a problem off to someone else.
    It would be nice to know exactly what the issue is so a suitable home can be found.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    For all we know Jonbox, the reason for this crap excuse is because the person doesn't want to admit that the dog is a problem. It may have bitten, it may have other aggression issues, it may be totally untrained or it may just be a normal overactive dog... unless the person is honest, he could just be passing a problem off to someone else.
    It would be nice to know exactly what the issue is so a suitable home can be found.
    yes, and if you spoke to the person they would propbably tell you, I just like to see it as a dog in need, rather than a human with an excuse

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby-001 View Post
    yep I'm gobsmacked at the excuse too.... we live in a tick prone area.... ADVANTIX is awesome, they get done immediately after their hydrobath once a month, pretty simple really
    can I just say that advantix has never worked for my dogs, I use a totally different treatment that is supposed to be temporary, but used regularly, works as a permanent

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonbax View Post
    can I just say that advantix has never worked for my dogs, I use a totally different treatment that is supposed to be temporary, but used regularly, works as a permanent
    well what do you use then?

    we have had no issue in over 12 months of use, it's unlucky it didn't work for you, we know plenty of people with complete success with it.
    Cheers Aleesha
    Lilly, OH & Boof ..... the 3 things that make life tick!

    All posts made under the name of "Shelby-001" are copywritten and may not be used in any publication or media without my prior written consent!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby-001 View Post
    well what do you use then?

    we have had no issue in over 12 months of use, it's unlucky it didn't work for you, we know plenty of people with complete success with it.
    yeah, my best mate uses it, and i have seen first hand it works, it actually works well with his dogs. I know it works, just hasn't given us best results.

    I use excelpet insecticidal spray, along with a check every time he goes in the bush, just seems to work better for us

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    4,292

    Default

    I hope she finds a good home because every dog deserves to be wanted. But I agree with the others. It would have been way better not to mention a reason at all instead of such a lame one.

    Anywho... Maybe someone looking for a rescue dog will stumble across this post and like her.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    12,581

    Default

    Personally I don't like the "free to good home" section but Morgan hasn't changed it.

    This info might help and includes why you don't give your dog away.
    Help! I need to rehome my pet! | PetRescue

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •