Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Do I Get Another Dog?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rid**** View Post
    My good friend's son and his girlfriend were renting a place with a no pet thing.
    This I see is what the landlord wants so you have to follow those rules.

    But they didn't they had their dog inside and here is the crunch.
    They posted pictures or video of the dog being inside.
    SO someone who knows the owner has alerted them to this breech of the law.
    And they were given their marching orders.
    So if you have a no dog law then you must follow it and if you chose not to then don't post things that can imcriminate yourself.
    I totally agree, Rid. My son does not have Bandit for this reason.
    If and when he moves to a pet friendly place he will have him. There is a backup plan of who would look after Bandit should my son have to then move again and needs time to find the right place.

    The house belongs to the landlord, not the renter. You agree to abide by the lease terms but people think it's ok to flout them.

    People wonder why so many rental places say no pets.
    That can be for many reasons including that people who have had pets before when told not to have ruined it for others and the landlord is fed up.

    To me, a contract is a contract. If you don't like it move somewhere else.

    Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Di_dee1 View Post
    I totally agree, Rid. My son does not have Bandit for this reason.
    If and when he moves to a pet friendly place he will have him. There is a backup plan of who would look after Bandit should my son have to then move again and needs time to find the right place.

    The house belongs to the landlord, not the renter. You agree to abide by the lease terms but people think it's ok to flout them.

    People wonder why so many rental places say no pets.
    That can be for many reasons including that people who have had pets before when told not to have ruined it for others and the landlord is fed up.

    To me, a contract is a contract. If you don't like it move somewhere else.
    Ah but when the lease says pets ok & the real estate agent verbally says outdoors only it's a different story. Then it's the real estate agent with a bee in their bonnet. Most RE's automatically put no pets or leave all mention of pets out because they don't want to do any extra work at all. Just my experience from when I was renting.

  3. #13

    Default

    I agree. What these did was post pictures or video of the dog inside the unit or house.
    And even if it was okay to have the pet outside the agreement said outside.
    They broke the agreement and they are paying for it now.
    And I think this rule which will become more used is due to the carpets in the rented houses or units.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rid**** View Post
    I agree. What these did was post pictures or video of the dog inside the unit or house.
    And even if it was okay to have the pet outside the agreement said outside.
    They broke the agreement and they are paying for it now.
    And I think this rule which will become more used is due to the carpets in the rented houses or units.
    It even had that I had to get the carpets professionally cleaned every 3 months in mine.... That house was in better condition when I left than it was when I moved in....

  5. #15

    Default

    You are in the one in a very few that take pride in the places you live in.
    Most don't care very much about how the place is.
    I have got a daughter that is very much like that.
    She has been told on those inspection day that the relestate agent sets up to look through.
    She was told to get the carpets clean cause of the kids. Not dogs this occassion.
    She has no house pride at all and it is the ones like her that make it bad the one ones like you.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelanBatty View Post
    Ah but when the lease says pets ok & the real estate agent verbally says outdoors only it's a different story. Then it's the real estate agent with a bee in their bonnet. Most RE's automatically put no pets or leave all mention of pets out because they don't want to do any extra work at all. Just my experience from when I was renting.
    Yea, that would defiantly be a problem.
    I wonder how you would go asking them to contact the owner while you are there to see them do it.

    My guess though that it would be "next please"

    There are a few good real estates though. Son's lease said no pets.
    They rang the landlady to clear his bird being there as it was out of cage a lot.

    A bird is not a dog though.

    I was a landlady for a while for a farm house on one of the farms.
    We didn't mind what pets they had as it wasn't an upmarket place.

    If I was to be in the position of owner again my stance on it would be pets allowed as long as I met them with their pets before hand then a 3 month initial inspection and if OK the real estate agent takes it from there with inspection schedules.
    At the initial one I would hope I would be asked to have a cup of coffee with then and cuddle their dogs if allowed. (if allowed means that the dogs are ok going to strangers or having the ok to pat them)

    Unfortunately for the good tenants there can be so many bad ones who stuff it up for everyone else.

    Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

  7. #17

    Default

    Our daughter asked at one of the places that she was renting if she could have a dog and a week later she was given permission to have one.
    So she took one of the pups from next door but it only lasted that night and she couldn't handle it.
    But there are agents that will go the extra mile to make it a better place so you can call it home. But you have to remember that when you leave there is way more clean up to be done.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    4,290

    Default

    I met someone recently who is a real dog person and she ONLY rents out her investment property to people with dogs! Because she remembers how hard it is to find a place and doesn't want to see dogs ending up at the pound because of this.

    I was allowed to have a dog in my rental and unfortunately we had a bout of my dog weeing on the carpet at night. It really was her only big problem and I didn't know how to stop her from doing it. I did get the carpet cleaned but it's a dark carpet and it now has a bleached stain on it. I will either get it dyed (never knew you could do that!) or I will pay for it being replaced when I move out. And I think this is the key too. A house is to be lived in and unfortunately stuff happens - could be non-pet related too - but you just make sure that you make it right again.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    Totally agree with you.

    Once we had some people move out leaving junk etc all in the yardand the house wasn't cleaned.
    The next ones who wanted to move in we offered free rent for a month if they were happy to do it themselves for us.

    Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

  10. #20

    Default

    Beloz this is so right.
    The daughter has 2 daughters who were the ones making the stains on the carpet.
    All because she was too lazy to make them sit at the table with their snacks.
    She has cleaned the carpet once but it needs a going over again.
    So do the right thing and it does pay off.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •