Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 280

Thread: So Hard to Have an Aggressive Puppy

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreysAreGreat View Post
    Yep it IS a long way, but like you I want what's best for Dora. PLUS (sneaky sneaky) it might make your parents take notice if they know that someone experienced in rehoming dogs is going to get involved. Get my drift?
    Also if they are worried about ME, if they want to check me out they can have a look at my website, and I'm happy to talk to them on the phone beforehand.
    VERY clever idea to get your parents to take you seriously and maybe listen to you a bit more Masha.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreysAreGreat View Post
    Yep it IS a long way, but like you I want what's best for Dora. PLUS (sneaky sneaky) it might make your parents take notice if they know that someone experienced in rehoming dogs is going to get involved. Get my drift?

    Also if they are worried about ME, if they want to check me out they can have a look at my website, and I'm happy to talk to them on the phone beforehand.
    Had a brief talk with Dad just now - he's not budging. Its so frustrating because they try and blame Dora's aggression on me - saying that I'm high strung and get upset and angered easily and that Dora is copying me - and look, I know it might be true, but it's making me feel worse.
    I WANT her to go to a home thats right for her. She's not right for us. But my parents refuse to believe it, and would just rather blame all of this on me. Theyre right - I shouldnt have chosen the first dog I saw. But how was I supposed to know that she would turn out like this? I DIDNT know. I love dogs - so much... but Dora isnt right for us.
    I WANT to have a dog; maybe one after this whole Dora fiasco is sorted. But they say if we give Dora away that will never happen. A second chance would be great - but its what they're denying me.
    I just wanna stand up and shout that it isnt fair, that I love dogs and that I want a second chance... if I wasnt gonna be shot down.
    And please guys, don't think that I'm being irresponsible, wanting another dog if we DO give Dora away - I can't help it. I love dogs, but the one I have just isnt right for me.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Masha, have a read of my previous post, would you be able to set yourself a timetable (and stick to it) so you have allocated time with Dora to work with her, in the meantime until Greys can get to you?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela's Gone Batty View Post
    Masha, have a read of my previous post, would you be able to set yourself a timetable (and stick to it) so you have allocated time with Dora to work with her, in the meantime until Greys can get to you?
    Reread it just now. Great idea. Any suggested activities I can do with her?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Masha, I'd be willing to come with Greys to help you with Dora. We could go together.

    If you are from the Sutherland Shire then you may know of Hanrob Kennels. I worked for Steve Austin, but not at Hanrob, at his current kennels. I worked with the in-house training dogs etc.

    I'm not a kid and maybe together with Greys we can help you with Dora. Maybe we can help your parents understand that removing her from situations that cause stress and aggression will be beneficial. You were correct in putting Dora out. Your parents were irresponsible in letting her back in. So you do know what to do with a dog with Dora's temperament, now they need to know.

    I don't think starting over again with a different dog is the answer because you don't have the support of your family at the moment.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masha View Post
    Reread it just now. Great idea. Any suggested activities I can do with her?
    Yup! I'll send you through a few games and things to play with her. If you have any questions about any of them just let me know. Just to let you know though, most will help with bonding. The more work you put in the more you'll get out of it. I also find it's addictive too.

    Do you have a clicker or would you rather use your voice?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    QLD Australia
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Masha, if you give Dora away and get another dog, you arent solving the problem IFYKWIM. You'll just be bringing another dog into the same situation - Your family of which refuses to listen to you when your doing whats right.
    Having a dog is hard. Especially when your in school, with homework & assignments continuously around the clock.
    I have learnt that since having Mollie - if you dont have the family support, the people of which your dog stands by and loves, it is not best for the dog. I now DO have support from my brother and I can see the difference it has made in Mollies life.
    Just my 2cents! <3
    © Demi's Blog ©
    Mollie; ChihuahuaXWestie; MY sunshine.xo

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mouseandchicken View Post
    Masha, I'd be willing to come with Greys to help you with Dora. We could go together.

    If you are from the Sutherland Shire then you may know of Hanrob Kennels. I worked for Steve Austin, but not at Hanrob, at his current kennels. I worked with the in-house training dogs etc.

    I'm not a kid and maybe together with Greys we can help you with Dora. Maybe we can help your parents understand that removing her from situations that cause stress and aggression will be beneficial. You were correct in putting Dora out. Your parents were irresponsible in letting her back in. So you do know what to do with a dog with Dora's temperament, now they need to know.

    I don't think starting over again with a different dog is the answer because you don't have the support of your family at the moment.
    Yea, I've decided to put her out everytime she does something aggressive, or just something in general that I dont want her to.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hawkesbury, NSW
    Posts
    2,001

    Default

    MAC that is a fantastic idea! You're a trainer, I'm not, which means that we can try to approach things from a few angles - training, rehoming etc.

    Watch out Mr & Mrs Masha, the A-team are about to visit!

    In My Home Dog Minding
    www.greyhoundrescue.com.au

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela's Gone Batty View Post
    Yup! I'll send you through a few games and things to play with her. If you have any questions about any of them just let me know. Just to let you know though, most will help with bonding. The more work you put in the more you'll get out of it. I also find it's addictive too.

    Do you have a clicker or would you rather use your voice?
    I dont have a clicker (no idea how to use them) but if you think its best, I'll get one.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •