Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 280

Thread: So Hard to Have an Aggressive Puppy

  1. #251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvershadowwolf24 View Post
    wow. Someone posts something and it's immediately "she's an attention seeker!"

    the band wagon is always not too far away.
    huh????????????????

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    51

    Default

    [I]I like how some people assume that everyone's household (and the dynamics within it) is the same as the next person's. Believe it or not, you can have some truly misguided and frankly horrible parents. [/I]
    Silver, you are obviously assuming Masha's parents are horrible. Maybe your household is like that but do not give a "child" (yes, a child) advice on how to handle her mother or what you even think about her. You have no right where she is concerned. I am sure Masha loves her mother and it is not your job to turn her against her. With so much criticism of her mother how do you want her to stand up for her? I think you should be ashamed of yourselves.

    It is my opinion that anyone under eighteen should not be able to join this forum. Children have no business amongst adults.
    Last edited by Melba; 03-28-2010 at 06:25 PM.

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masha View Post
    On a lighter note, I just did TOT with Dora, same way I did it last time - quickly prepared the food, then rushed outside. I stood on the other side the door for about half a minute. Dora could probably see me through the fly screen, but she didnt bark. By standing on the other side of the door for 30 seconds would that completely ruin TOT? She didnt bark for a minute, but I think that if she hadnt being able to see me, she wouldve barked. I'll do it inside this evening.
    I'm glad she's quietening down! How has she gone this afternoon?

    ETA: I'm just ignoring the bickering at this stage. While I agree it does seem that Dora is more your parents than yours, IMO that doesn't matter as at the moment you are actively seeking ways to train her.

    to you. You're doing very well so far! You should be proud of yourself!!

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Moggill, Queensland
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Do you believe then, that Masha should leave Dora alone, and allow her parents to not train her (even though the dog IS part hers?), and let her be aggressive, etc., etc. I don't know Masha's mother, but I think any parent abusing her daughter for training an animal, especially when Masha has taken the initiative to gain the information from people who know (which has, btw, been ignored by her mother), doesn't deserve the respect that you claim she warrants.

    I'm sorry, the fact that she is Masha's mother can only go so far. Parents do not have ANY right to emotionally abuse their children.

    Sorry, no. There is nothing wrong with offering constructive advice from people who may have been in similar situations. Fortunately, you can't tell me what I can and cannot do either

    As for your last comment, luckily you haven't got any sort of control over the forum. It would be a very sad place indeed, imo. How can you expect to have another generation of good dog owners, if children are not able to LEARN from those who are good dog owners now?


    May I also add: my current dog, Leo, was a present for my step father. I obviously had zero ownership over him. However, if i had not stepped up and taken responsibility for him, Leo would not have learned even the basics of "no" and "sit", and I can guarantee you, he would be in the pound not long after he got him. Would you say that this is also wrong?
    Last edited by silvershadowwolf24; 03-28-2010 at 06:39 PM.

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Thanks Angela. I just did TOT with her outside, she started barking a bit, but as soon as she was quiet for ten seconds, I stuck half of my body out into the laundry, where she could probably see my foot. She was quiet for a whole minute before I gave her the food. I realise that I cant do TOT properly until we move houses, but at least I can take small baby steps towards the full program.
    On a side note, Melba, I think you're wrong about the no under 18s thing - how else can 'children' get advice on raising dogs if they're not allowed to join dog information forums?

  6. #256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melba View Post
    [I]I like how some people assume that everyone's household (and the dynamics within it) is the same as the next person's. Believe it or not, you can have some truly misguided and frankly horrible parents. [/I]
    Silver, you are obviously assuming Masha's parents are horrible. Maybe your household is like that but do not give a "child" (yes, a child) advice on how to handle her mother or what you even think about her. You have no right where she is concerned. I am sure Masha loves her mother and it is not your job to turn her against her. With so much criticism of her mother how do you want her to stand up for her? I think you should be ashamed of yourselves.

    It is my opinion that anyone under eighteen should not be able to join this forum. Children have no business amongst adults.

    I for one would vote for no under 18's permitted here

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masha View Post
    Thanks Angela. I just did TOT with her outside, she started barking a bit, but as soon as she was quiet for ten seconds, I stuck half of my body out into the laundry, where she could probably see my foot. She was quiet for a whole minute before I gave her the food. I realise that I cant do TOT properly until we move houses, but at least I can take small baby steps towards the full program.
    I'm very happy to hear that! And every baby step you take is a step forward, however small.

    Is she eating all of her meal yet?

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    No, but I think I may be giving her a bit much. Also - Im so happy about this - she had a snack between meals today - about table spoonful of her dry food!!

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masha View Post
    No, but I think I may be giving her a bit much. Also - Im so happy about this - she had a snack between meals today - about table spoonful of her dry food!!
    You could try giving her less food in the bowl, to make sure that she eats it all. I doubt for her size she needs much - and remember the measurements on the back are for the day, not per meal, unless it says otherwise?

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Yep. I'll give her less. I'll judge by the amount she doesn't finish, so just take it away. Thanks for the help

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •