Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 280

Thread: So Hard to Have an Aggressive Puppy

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    She's going completely crazy!! Shes freaking crazy barking! Aaaarghh, help me, she will not for the love of God shut up! After 25 minutes you'd think she'd stop.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masha View Post
    She's going completely crazy!! Shes freaking crazy barking! Aaaarghh, help me, she will not for the love of God shut up! After 25 minutes you'd think she'd stop.
    It's called an extinction period. She WILL stop!!!

    It is taking longer because it's gotten her her own way for so long now, if you go out there now it will be worse the next time.

    I know it's awful!

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Im so scared, because shes getting out funny chirping noises after each bark. Shudder, shudder. I just wish she'd stop...

    ETA: I didnt give her the food after the usual -ten-second-period-of-no-barking because I want to do it properly... so she can realise that no barking=food. Not just not barking for ten seconds=food.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Masha,

    Don't cave, can you watch from where she can't see you?

    Its as already explained, she knows it's worked in the past, if you go to her now in future she will know she has to get to this fever pitch to get what she wants.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masha View Post
    Im so scared, because shes getting out funny chirping noises after each bark. Shudder, shudder. I just wish she'd stop...

    ETA: I didnt give her the food after the usual -ten-second-period-of-no-barking because I want to do it properly... so she can realise that no barking=food. Not just not barking for ten seconds=food.
    The way you are doing it is perfect.

    She is getting worse, she will be quiet soon, when she is let it go for a minute at least then go out to her. If she can see you it will be worse than if she can't.

    Basically she is very very frustrated and is trying to work out why barking isn't working because it has worked for so long. So she's trying harder. Then she will come to the realisation that it isn't working and will stop to have a think, when she has stopped barking and been quiet for about a minute then go out to her and run through the TOT

    ETA: If you do it this way she will quieten faster tomorrow because she will remember that being quiet got her what she wanted.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Remember baby steps, increase slowly and reward the good.

    By rushing too fast you now can't reward and will have to ride this out.

    Good luck, I feel for you.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    488

    Default

    I agree with AGB. You give in now and she'll know next time she just has to keep it up and you'll eventually give in. Big hugs though because it must be so hard for you to listen to

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Thanks everyone. Yep, her barking is getting slightly quieter... maybe shes exausted? God, terrible of me, but I sure hope so.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Its being 35 minutes.......

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masha View Post
    Thanks everyone. Yep, her barking is getting slightly quieter... maybe shes exausted? God, terrible of me, but I sure hope so.
    You are definitely not terrible at all. She is learning. If she exhausts herself into being quiet then you can use that to your advantage

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •