Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Oh No! Puppy Ate Chocolate!!!

  1. #1

    Default Oh No! Puppy Ate Chocolate!!!

    I'm a terrible mother! Poppy just got some chocolate off the coffee table. I was showering and talking with OH when she got too clever and found it!

    I think she ate at least one piece! Which is about 30g! It was all over her paws and face!

  2. #2

    Default

    I wouldn't stress too much. That's not a huge amount of chocolate. Just watch her closely for the next hour or two, and make sure her poos are normal.

    You are not a terrible mother, she's just a puppy. Puppies get into things and explore.

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks Jessicat! Will def be keeping an eye on her! I think she ate the paper and all as they were individaully wrapped!

    I know that chocolate is bad for dogs but what does it do to them? Runny poos?

  4. #4

    Default

    Chocolate can be toxic to animals. Before you freak out, it contains a substance that can be toxic in excessive doses.

    If Poppy ate 30g, I wouldn't be panicking too much.Common signs of chocolate poisoning is diarrhea, vomiting, seizures etc.

    For now, just watch her. As long as she's not trembling, is being normal you have nothing to worry about. If her poo is a bit runny, I wouldn't worry too much. Only if you notice these symptoms take her to a vet. Otherwise, just keep an eye on her.

  5. #5

    Default

    Ok! Thanks. Will keep an eye on her! So far she's been happily playing with her chew toys and drinking some water (guess she needed something to wash down all that choc)!

    Thanks again for the advice!

  6. #6

    Default

    Ha ha, it's good you concern yourself about her wellbeing, just try not to panic too much about the little things.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicat View Post
    Chocolate can be toxic to animals. Before you freak out, it contains a substance that can be toxic in excessive doses.

    If Poppy ate 30g, I wouldn't be panicking too much.Common signs of chocolate poisoning is diarrhea, vomiting, seizures etc.

    For now, just watch her. As long as she's not trembling, is being normal you have nothing to worry about. If her poo is a bit runny, I wouldn't worry too much. Only if you notice these symptoms take her to a vet. Otherwise, just keep an eye on her.
    Agree with Jessicat. Just keep an eye on her, as you usually do anyway. Ate the paper and all? Lol.

  8. #8

    Default

    Yep DA. Paper and all! She was really committed! Haha! I found less than 1/8 of the paper wrapping!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    Don't stress too much. As Jessicat said, just keep an eye on her. Any concern, then telephone your vet for his/her opinion.

    Jeez, I'd be doubly stressed that my chocolate was gone! Lol.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    Don't stress too much. As Jessicat said, just keep an eye on her. Any concern, then telephone your vet for his/her opinion.

    Jeez, I'd be doubly stressed that my chocolate was gone! Lol.
    That was my first thought.

    Also, Jermaine has downed an entire box of favourites with wrappers before. Greedy, greedy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •