Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Reactions to Vaccinations...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SE Queensland
    Posts
    198

    Default Reactions to Vaccinations...

    NEYLA is our new Staffy pup, we got her on Sunday.I wormed her sunday(and the other dogs too) which Im glad I did as in her next poo there was a huge Tapeworm. Today I took her to the vet for a check up and her 1st Vaccination as she hadnt had them and got the vet to check her over, she is only 1.16kg, teeth are good, everything seems to be A-OK. She had her C3 vaccination. Since then she has thrown up twice, is this normal? Can I do anything to make her feel better or help in any way?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStaff View Post
    NEYLA is our new Staffy pup, we got her on Sunday.I wormed her sunday(and the other dogs too) which Im glad I did as in her next poo there was a huge Tapeworm. Today I took her to the vet for a check up and her 1st Vaccination as she hadnt had them and got the vet to check her over, she is only 1.16kg, teeth are good, everything seems to be A-OK. She had her C3 vaccination. Since then she has thrown up twice, is this normal? Can I do anything to make her feel better or help in any way?
    That is REALLY small for a 7 week old Staffy pup...my female was 2.8kg at 8 weeks and my boy was 3.6kg at 8 weeks! Are you sure she is 7 weeks?

    Where did you get this little pup from (since it hadn't had any vaccinations or worming)?

    If she continues to vomit...get her back to the vet...she can dehydrate fairly quickly.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Did you call and ask your vet if it's normal??

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SE Queensland
    Posts
    198

    Default

    I had the vet check her teeth and he said etween 8-10wks of age. I didnt buy her from a Reputable Breeder and yes I got her cheap ecause of her not having vaccinations etc but at least I am doing the right thing by her.

    She is drinking heaps as she is right with me, if she vomits again I will call the vet.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStaff View Post
    I had the vet check her teeth and he said etween 8-10wks of age. I didnt buy her from a Reputable Breeder and yes I got her cheap ecause of her not having vaccinations etc but at least I am doing the right thing by her.

    She is drinking heaps as she is right with me, if she vomits again I will call the vet.
    I have just had a look at my bitch's vaccination records. She is a purebred Staffordshire Bull Terrier. She was 2.54 kg at 6 weeks...4.2 kg at 10 weeks and 6.8kg at 14 weeks. Look...if your pup is only 1.16 kg...you can be pretty sure it isn't even 7 weeks or it is in a really poor state.

    I am not going to go on about BYB etc, but by buying her from a BYB (cheap or not)...you are inadvertently supporting them...enough said on that issue from me.
    Last edited by Cleasanta; 01-19-2010 at 03:55 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Is there something you can feed her to help fatten her up?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SE Queensland
    Posts
    198

    Default

    My vet didnt seem to be worried about her weight she is in perfect health... I will however be keeping a close eye on her.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    If you knew she wasn't from a reputable breeder, why did you get her?
    And what? The vet guessed she was about 8-10 weeks? Why didn't you just tell her how old the puppy was? 7 weeks is too young.
    As for the spewing, is she throwing up food or bile?
    Education not Legislation

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    If you knew she wasn't from a reputable breeder, why did you get her?
    And what? The vet guessed she was about 8-10 weeks? Why didn't you just tell her how old the puppy was? 7 weeks is too young.
    As for the spewing, is she throwing up food or bile?
    Now where is the applaud icon??

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    If you knew she wasn't from a reputable breeder, why did you get her?
    And what? The vet guessed she was about 8-10 weeks? Why didn't you just tell her how old the puppy was? 7 weeks is too young.
    As for the spewing, is she throwing up food or bile?
    you said what I was thinking.....didn't want to be seen as "confrontational" again

    The puppy is NOT a Staffy (pure anyway)...and looks REALLY young too.

    I know Nicole said she wanted to do it for the puppy's sake, but like I said...by buying it in the first place...she is automatically support that side of the pet industry

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •