Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 547

Thread: GRRR the Attitude is Everywhere!

  1. #471
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nattylou View Post
    Peter, if you know so little about the whole situation that you're unsure of your own dog's registration status I am lost for words.

    Your breeder has retained the official paperwork for your dog then? If that's the case then there is either a question in their mind over the dog's quality for breeding or showing or they have a doubt about your intentions or abilities as a breeder.

    I have little doubt that your only intention here is to try and justify your breeding plans for your own dog. No-one here can stop you. If you seriously feel you need to justify your own intentions so forthrightly to a bunch of strangers then maybe you doubt them yourself.

    And just to clarify, racing Greyhounds are not "registered purebreds" as they are not registered or recognised by the ANKC. Their registration with the State racing Authority can be transferred upon application (pending review and approval) to full ANKC status but this is very rare and only done if they move from racing into showing. People who want to show greyhounds generally buy them from show lines. I can tell you now that many many greyhounds are BYB - racing rego means nothing. And seeing as over 7000 were PTS as offcasts of the racing industry last year in NSW alone they are not a great example of doing the right thing by dogs on any level. Plus that figure is only the official one, not accounting for the pups destroyed at birth, young and non-promising, injured or shot out the back of the farm or track etc when they don't perfom.

    Is this whole argument because you think you have found a niche for a new breed created from Neo stock?
    My dog is on the MAIN register ( i hadnt actually heard it termed like that before, sorry most of my dogs have been rescued, new to the purebreed scene) and unlike you i am not sad or selfish enough to create a dog just to suit a niche and a lifelong dream.
    The irony here is that i brought a registered purebred dog who you guys know nothing about other than a couple of photos yet are telling me what i can and cant do with him. Dont you see a problem with that? Have you ever asked whether he was being shown or anything? Haven't i done what your all asking? USING A REGISTERED BREEDER.
    Your so smart Nattylou go back and find where it says i am actually going to breed. I said i wasnt go to have him desexed. You create false and misleading statements to pat your self on the back with your cronies,well done.
    I also said i agreed in principle to most of the comments here however they way you guys treat others is what was getting my back up. It appears dogs arent the only one around here with a pack mentality.
    You people are so much fun to read from, the last 3 pages have showed how you bandied together with your big detective skills to berate a new poster. Sad may have been the case Mackenzie was a legitimate poster who may never return. Tell me Morgan is this what your forum is about??
    Would you like to keep the forum to 4 people's opinions, is that it?

  2. #472
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    Oy hang on Peter,
    Mackenzie's first post was to diss the forum and it's members. No prior posts, no introductions.. nothing.

    I have not said one thing about you and your dog. My opinion may not be the same as Nattylou or Occy or Aussiemyf's.
    I can speak for myself and I'm not a sheeple.
    You seem to be very defensive in regards to the opinions in regards to leaving your dog intact. I wonder why you are getting so wound up about it if you don't intent to breed him?
    If you truly believe you are doing the right thing, then so be it. You don't need to try and convince people on the forum who you so clearly don't even like anyway.

    It's frustrating when people don't do as you say and you can't influence them to do what you want. I guess the only option would be for everyone to admit defeat.. noone is going to change their opinions on the subject so let it go and quit making digs about the forum..if you don't like it here then bugger off.
    Sorry mackenzies 1st post appeared to be a correct observation of how members are treated should they disagree with the mainstream.
    How true was it? look at the replies that followed, one even suggesting how dare a person's first post question long term members, what has that got to do with anything? Then it was all a big conspiracy against Nattylou. ARE YOU PEOPLE FOR REAL?

    PLEASE READ.
    I do not care about what you people think about not having my dog desexed. Defensive, no, Offended yes, you all know nothing about my dog , its bloodlines, its health, its show quality, yet you feel qualified to tell me what i should do. I actually joined the forum for information not opinions. If i wanted an opinion i would see my vet, he gives great ones because i am paying him.
    Last edited by peter70; 12-28-2009 at 05:05 PM.

  3. #473
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Ok, I have just read this whole thread, and I need to say a few things....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkay View Post
    But they are not health and temperament tested.
    You'll find that a lot of the shelters actually DO temperament test the dogs who come through their doors for re-homing. They don't get the chance to health test before the fact, but they do all the vet work, vaccinate, desex, microchip etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tkay View Post
    Yeh, I'm trying not to lose it too, with the Pure breed Nazis on here.
    I for one find this HIGHLY offensive Tkay. As a first gen Aussie from German blood, the Nazi's caused a hell of a lot of pain for a lot of people, feel free to sit down with my Mum and Grandparents one day! You have no right to go there!

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie & Bella's mum View Post
    they're both in perfect health and were bred by a responsible registered breeder.
    I am struggling to comprehend how someone who cross breeds dogs can be registered??

    Quote Originally Posted by Occy View Post
    Goodies girl has two x breds aside from her GSD Mia - now I have plans to steal Jack - who is most definitely a x bred. I think the people that bred him are A grade toss bags, but I think he is a lovely dog. I wonder how many of his litter ended up in pounds or used for breeding. I wonder that about pure breds to - esp with people who don't vet their prospective buyers properly.
    Yep, I do. Jack and Molly are both crosses, and as soon as he was old enough, he was desexed, as much as I love my boy (and believe me, I do) I would never contribute to the horror that is the amount of unwanted pups and dogs in the pounds and shelters. Molly was desexed by the shelter she came from, when they got her, she was entire, and at around 6 months (give or take) already looked like she'd had a litter of pups.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dingoofus View Post
    Not to change the actual point of this debate, but I['d rather have a dog with character and personality, which was different to every other dog, rather than a poncy, bathed twice a day, not allowed to get dirty, model, thing in a dogs body which is not a dog in personality. Who cares if a dog likes to jump in the mud? who cares if thye bark a bit, who cares if they like to run around alot, who cares if they rip the odd plant out the garden, who cares if they chew up ya shoes, who cares if they chase birds, etc, they are freaking dogs!! if I wanted something to just look at, which was clean, and had no personality, and was just all around boring, I would have gotten a cat.
    Come and meet my dogs one day, Mia is a pedigree, purebred German Shepherd. She came from a very respected breeder, her Sire is an import from Belgium, and he no doubt cost an absolute arm and a leg, she has the biggest personality, she wrestles with Molly and Jack, she gets in the mud, she runs like a loony, she swims in swimming holes, and the beach, she digs holes, she has chewed my shoes, she has chewed my OH's shoes, she's been destroyed a tonne of my christmas deco's in the last month, she is a right character. I would call her far from boring. On second thoughts, don't come and meet my dogs.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    Oh dear. I think obviously you're the one who cares if they're purebred or not since you seem to think purebreds have no personality or character. Do you honestly think that people just sit their purebreds in corners to look at and primp and pamper? You really think they have no personality and don't like to run around alot? I do not understand where you're getting this information from.
    Megan, didn't you know, our pedigree dogs are precious little things!

    Quote Originally Posted by peter70 View Post
    He didnt attack anyone personally that i can see. You people have some deep rooted issues you need to deal with. YOU ARE NOT IN CHARGE OF THE WHOLE DOG WORLD!!!!!
    I'd like to know who it is who ever said they were in charge of the whole dog world?

    Quote Originally Posted by Occy View Post
    Dont trust me Megan - get in touch with Monash Vet Clinic - they do the best hipscores in Aus - IMO

    Monash Vet - Home

    Most vets in Vic worth their salt will refuse to do hipscores as they have not been trained.
    Mia's breeder also said the same thing to me, Megan. They're not fully finished growing till 18 months And you dont want to have to pay to have it done twice!

    Quote Originally Posted by peter70 View Post
    My opinion is no different to yours except desexing
    Can you tell me why you wont desex your dog? I don't care if you do or don't, as long as you don't live near me and your randy male can't get to my girl, couldn't care less, just curious as to why you want him entire if you're not going to breed from him?
    Mummies little 12 years in the making..... and Daddies little ratbag!!
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/msbeanie05/IMG_1247.jpg
    Come visit AusDog!

  4. #474
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    589

    Default

    If they had been a member since August why aren't they entitled to thier opinion? Is it because you dont like thier opinion (rings familiar)
    Um what statement did i make about you?
    I dont dislike you ALL again you make misleading statements.

  5. #475
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Can you tell me why you wont desex your dog? I don't care if you do or don't, as long as you don't live near me and your randy male can't get to my girl, couldn't care less, just curious as to why you want him entire if you're not going to breed from him?[/QUOTE]

    As a RESPONSIBLE dog owner who has large dogs properly secured in a yard with NO ESCAPE, reason one.
    reason two, i will keep the breeding option open he is after all 12 months old and a top example of the breed.

  6. #476
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peter70 View Post
    Can you tell me why you wont desex your dog? I don't care if you do or don't, as long as you don't live near me and your randy male can't get to my girl, couldn't care less, just curious as to why you want him entire if you're not going to breed from him?
    As a RESPONSIBLE dog owner who has large dogs properly secured in a yard with NO ESCAPE, reason one.
    reason two, i will keep the breeding option open he is after all 12 months old and a top example of the breed.[/QUOTE]

    Firstly, what does having a secure yard have to do with not desexing your dog? My dogs are fully secure in our yard too, that to me isn't a reason. Also many times, you've said you're not going to be breeding with him
    Mummies little 12 years in the making..... and Daddies little ratbag!!
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/msbeanie05/IMG_1247.jpg
    Come visit AusDog!

  7. #477
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Near Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodiesGirl View Post
    As a RESPONSIBLE dog owner who has large dogs properly secured in a yard with NO ESCAPE, reason one.
    reason two, i will keep the breeding option open he is after all 12 months old and a top example of the breed.
    Firstly, what does having a secure yard have to do with not desexing your dog? My dogs are fully secure in our yard too, that to me isn't a reason. Also many times, you've said you're not going to be breeding with him [/QUOTE]

    Exactly my point to begin with..why keep the dog entire if you 1. are not showing and 2. do not intend to breed!

  8. #478
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodiesGirl View Post
    As a RESPONSIBLE dog owner who has large dogs properly secured in a yard with NO ESCAPE, reason one.
    reason two, i will keep the breeding option open he is after all 12 months old and a top example of the breed.
    Firstly, what does having a secure yard have to do with not desexing your dog? My dogs are fully secure in our yard too, that to me isn't a reason. Also many times, you've said you're not going to be breeding with him [/QUOTE]

    Having my dogs in a secure yard, well what risk does he pose to another dog? where is the threat? I am not some novice with my first dog.
    So then many times i have said i am not going to breed with him? Care to point those out. Fact remains as i have said all along i am keeping my options open and my dog intact no decisions have been made, i have not said I AM BREEDING WITH HIM . He is only 12 months old and doesnt even properly mature to 4/5 years..

    You guys really need to read the whole post instead of looking for a opening to bring me down. Seems to be so many here reading what they want to and changing it to suit.
    So now you have to contribute before you can comment on long standing members? Reading posts for nearly 6 months doesnt count, go figure i must have missed that in the forum rules.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peter70 View Post
    Can you tell me why you wont desex your dog? I don't care if you do or don't, as long as you don't live near me and your randy male can't get to my girl, couldn't care less, just curious as to why you want him entire if you're not going to breed from him?
    As a RESPONSIBLE dog owner who has large dogs properly secured in a yard with NO ESCAPE, reason one.
    reason two, i will keep the breeding option open he is after all 12 months old and a top example of the breed.[/QUOTE]

    Whose opinion is that? (You show him then or this just more of your gibberish and personal opinion, or maybe you asked your vet?)

  10. #480
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    Do you ever plan on walking your dog or only keeping him in a secure yard? A dog who is intact and never gets to mate becomes pretty damn irritable and if you went on a walk it could end in disaster especially being that he is a large breed. Accidents also happen, dogs have gotten out of secure yards before and secure yards have also become not so secure at times too.




    Good.. if you are keeping your options open then perhaps you should plan on becoming a registered breeder BEFORE he reaches the age for breeding, rather than breed him first? Why do you want to breed him anyway if you are not an actual breeder? He may be a wonderful dog, but you are NOT A BREEDER THEREFOR HE IS A PET!!!!!



    It's common decency to not open up your mouth to spout off insults only and nothing else. if her only contribution is to put people down then she is not welcome to contribute.
    Are you a fiction novelist or something?
    Where does it say I AM breeding him ????????????
    Where does it say i have no intentions of becoming a registered breeder??????
    Where does it say i am going to breed him first????????
    Stop making sh*t up. At least if you would like to have a go at me stick to what i have written not some dribble you have dreamt up.

    So what were the insults and put downs Mackenzie dished out, did i miss something. LOL Clearly said it was a bitching session even named me LOL.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •