Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 547

Thread: GRRR the Attitude is Everywhere!

  1. #301
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    I guess ignorance is bliss.
    Education not Legislation

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    I guess ignorance is bliss.
    So your not going to answer my question, is this the ignorance you talk of?

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    *sigh and shakes head*

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    589

    Default

    look i'm all but over this (yippee i hear you all say)
    Myf's name has resident vet nurse under his/ner name and was insinuating that vets would tell you anything because you are paying them. i think my question was reasonable.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peter70 View Post
    look i'm all but over this (yippee i hear you all say)
    Myf's name has resident vet nurse under his/ner name and was insinuating that vets would tell you anything because you are paying them. i think my question was reasonable.
    I do too. Generalisations are abounding here on this thread. It is one thing to be passionate, to try and get people to see your point of view, it is another to call names and try to pound your views into people. We are all, ALL allowed our own whether extreme or moderate.

    Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

  6. #306

    Default

    Not to change the actual point of this debate, but I['d rather have a dog with character and personality, which was different to every other dog, rather than a poncy, bathed twice a day, not allowed to get dirty, model, thing in a dogs body which is not a dog in personality. Who cares if a dog likes to jump in the mud? who cares if thye bark a bit, who cares if they like to run around alot, who cares if they rip the odd plant out the garden, who cares if they chew up ya shoes, who cares if they chase birds, etc, they are freaking dogs!! if I wanted something to just look at, which was clean, and had no personality, and was just all around boring, I would have gotten a cat.

    WHo cares if they are pure bred or not, who cares if they don't fit a standard, just like humans, they are not perfect. Why would anyone want a dog that looks liek every other dog out there. Is it so wrong for a dog to be an individual? Stuff all this pedigree crap.
    Ask a Border Collie to jump and it'd say, "how high?", ask a Kelpie and he'll ask, "why?"

  7. #307
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peter70 View Post
    look i'm all but over this (yippee i hear you all say)
    Myf's name has resident vet nurse under his/ner name and was insinuating that vets would tell you anything because you are paying them. i think my question was reasonable.
    Ok ok ok.
    What exactly is your question?
    Education not Legislation

  8. #308
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dingoofus View Post
    Not to change the actual point of this debate, but I['d rather have a dog with character and personality, which was different to every other dog, rather than a poncy, bathed twice a day, not allowed to get dirty, model, thing in a dogs body which is not a dog in personality. Who cares if a dog likes to jump in the mud? who cares if thye bark a bit, who cares if they like to run around alot, who cares if they rip the odd plant out the garden, who cares if they chew up ya shoes, who cares if they chase birds, etc, they are freaking dogs!! if I wanted something to just look at, which was clean, and had no personality, and was just all around boring, I would have gotten a cat.

    WHo cares if they are pure bred or not, who cares if they don't fit a standard, just like humans, they are not perfect. Why would anyone want a dog that looks liek every other dog out there. Is it so wrong for a dog to be an individual? Stuff all this pedigree crap.

    Worst thread ever.
    Education not Legislation

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peter70 View Post
    Are you a vets nurse and if so are you telling me this is what the vet you work with does?

    You insinuated earlier that my vet was likely to tell me anything as i am paying his bills.
    Under your name it has resident vet nurse.
    I simply asked if you were a vets nurse and that if so is this what the vet you work with does. Meaning.......... does he tell his customers whatever they want to hear, given that they are paying him.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Devonport, Tasmania
    Posts
    6,675

    Default

    I would hate to think there are vets out there who would do this, but in reality I'm certain there are many who only wish to line their pockets, just like some ppl in any profession.
    However, I would like to think that the majority are NOT like that. Thankfully throughout my life I have worked for and met wonderful veterinarians who will tell it like it is, no mucking about. They will give cheaper options to fixing an animal because they truly care about the animal and the owners, not their wallet.

    I guess I have been very lucky in only knowing such wonderful and caring professionals.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •