Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Wanting a New Pup, However...

  1. #11

    Default

    Hi there
    My advice - opposite sexes with bully breeds.
    I have a SBT female and a x breed female. The SBT is a lot bossier with females then males. No major probs, and the combo works for me but if i was ever to get another Stafford it would be male.
    In my opinoin a french bulldog and an Amstaff are not very suited. Different needs, diff exercise levels, Not impossible but imagine this. Warm day, amstaff happy to run at the doggy park for an hour. F bulldog is buggered after 15 mins, puffing and panting. It's little things like this that could annoy you and your dogs after a while, possibly cause jealousy between the 2 , but do as much research as you can about the breed, talk to breeders, owners and make your decision then.
    In re. to females not being stocky enough...Do you really want to make a decision based on the perfect amount of muscle?Seriously!
    I've seen some tiny males and huge females, shorter, taller, big heads, small heads.... They all vary. You can always request the biggest female of the litter.
    Good luck!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8

    Default

    "In re. to females not being stocky enough...Do you really want to make a decision based on the perfect amount of muscle?Seriously!"

    Its just a personal preference...

  3. #13

    Default

    Check these girls out!
    Not exactly small....
    La Exotica Kennels - breeding for excellence show quality dogs

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern suburbs of Cairns FNQ
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    Check these girls out!
    Not exactly small....
    La Exotica Kennels - breeding for excellence show quality dogs
    Some lovely looking dogs there but what an assortment of breeds! An upmarket puppy farm perhaps?

  5. #15

    Default

    Hmmm...I've read good stuff about them butWay too many breeds in the one place for my liking.
    My intention however was to show that female Staffords can be 'stocky' too.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern suburbs of Cairns FNQ
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Remember there are doggy bitches and bitchy dogs. In other words some dogs look so feminine people always call them "she" and some bitches are constantly refered to as "him".

    If I was choosing a quality show pup for example I would try and pick the sex without looking underneath. In some breeds you will get away with a doggy bitch but never a bitchy dog.

    Do the same thing when you pick your pup. Go for the chunky masculine pup who gives you a suprise when you discover she is female and you shouldn't be disappointed.

    Good luck.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern suburbs of Cairns FNQ
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    Hmmm...I've read good stuff about them butWay too many breeds in the one place for my liking.
    My intention however was to show that female Staffords can be 'stocky' too.
    I thought the Staffs were lovely as well and I understand why you wanted to share the piccies.

    It was just the old welfare mentality kicking in when I saw the variety of breeds they also sell. Popular breeds like Staffs and Tenties and more specialist breeds like Iggies and ETT's plus Bulldogs, AmStaffs ......were there more?... can't remember. It just seemed an awful lot of breeds for one place to be breeding. A lot of good breeders have two different breeds but three or more always sets the alarm bells ringing.

    I'd love it if someone close to the place could show an interest in one of the breeds and go and have a look round.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhound View Post
    Remember there are doggy bitches and bitchy dogs. In other words some dogs look so feminine people always call them "she" and some bitches are constantly refered to as "him".

    If I was choosing a quality show pup for example I would try and pick the sex without looking underneath. In some breeds you will get away with a doggy bitch but never a bitchy dog.

    Do the same thing when you pick your pup. Go for the chunky masculine pup who gives you a suprise when you discover she is female and you shouldn't be disappointed.

    Good luck.
    Hey D!
    That's soooo true! Exactly right.

    PS. I've seen so many Staffordshire bull terrier males that are half the size of Misi.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhound View Post
    I thought the Staffs were lovely as well and I understand why you wanted to share the piccies.

    It was just the old welfare mentality kicking in when I saw the variety of breeds they also sell. Popular breeds like Staffs and Tenties and more specialist breeds like Iggies and ETT's plus Bulldogs, AmStaffs ......were there more?... can't remember. It just seemed an awful lot of breeds for one place to be breeding. A lot of good breeders have two different breeds but three or more always sets the alarm bells ringing.

    I'd love it if someone close to the place could show an interest in one of the breeds and go and have a look round.
    Yes! I Agree.
    Just to clear things up for other members: I was not recommending the above breeder. I don't know them , never seen any of the dogs etc. I just thought that the pics of their females were good examples of how the girls can be stocky too.

    Deerhound
    Way too many breeds.
    They have 6 breeds in total;
    -Amstaff
    -British Bdog
    -SBT
    -Tenterfield T
    -English Toy T
    -Italian Greyhound

    Might go for a look one day...

  10. #20

    Default

    I hope you got your deposit back, real strange they take deposits before any communication happens.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •