Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55

Thread: Feeding

  1. #31

    Default

    Poor little things
    Hope they're back to normal in no time!

    There's some nasty bug going around. So many dogs & cats have been sick lately with gastro-like symptoms

    Best wishes!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canning Vale WA
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Prince is much better today but Ebs isn't. They did another x ray this morning and found things are moving through her body with no problem. She refused food this monring but Prince was eating and drinking fine. They are gonna keep her off food for the time being until the vomiting stops, for now she will just be on medication and the drip. The vet wants to meet with us tonight to discuss things, not sure if thats a bad or good thing.

  3. #33

    Default

    I'm sure if it was bad news the vet wouldn't wait till then. They'll propably discuss treatment options and what to do next. I know...you still cant help but stress but try and think positive. Best wishes

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canning Vale WA
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Prince has come home, he is pretty much back to normal but he is definately missing his lil sister. Ebs is being kept overnight at the vet so she can stay on her drip and hopefully be better by tomorrow arvo.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canning Vale WA
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Well Ebs isn't any better this monring she's actually getting worse. She has Parvo Prince is on his way down to get tested as well. The guy we got them from now has to test all the others from the litter and he's paying for the vet bills (hopefully all of them as we have only had them just over a week). Ebs is being put onto Plasma and if she's strong she'll recover in 2 days if not it will be a more harsh treatment for her to be done.

  6. #36

    Default

    Poor thing!
    Hope she won't need harsher treatment and feels better soon.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canning Vale WA
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Just spoke to the vet, Prince's test came back negative but they still reakon there is a good chance he has it. Ebs is enemic and her potasium levels are at 14 (meant to be at 20 - 30)

  8. #38

    Default

    So sorry to hear you all have to go through this. Best wishes for all of you.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wodonga
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    Honestly - as soon as you first posted I think a number of us thought parvo. Not much to do now aside from treatment, which is basically fluids and rest at the vets. You will need to disinfect your yard and destroy all of your dog bedding and toys as parvo can live in the ground for 12 months or more.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    538

    Default

    I hope she pulls through this, I know of a lot of pups who have contracted Parvo over the years, and most of them get it much worse than adult dogs, coz their imune systems just aren't strong enough to fight it off.

    As Occy said, get rid of everything, disinfect everything, and keep your fingers crossed.

    All the best.
    Mummies little 12 years in the making..... and Daddies little ratbag!!
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/msbeanie05/IMG_1247.jpg
    Come visit AusDog!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •