Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Loosing Sleep

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    East side of Melbourne
    Posts
    80

    Unhappy Loosing Sleep

    Does anyone else have to share a bed with someone that sweats in there sleep?

    Its driving me insane, im loosing so much sleep at the moment. I have had about 2 hours overnight tonight and I have a job interview today. My partner leaves for work in the morning at 4.30am and I can never get back to sleep. The bed is so damp and so is the doona. Im actually exhausted at the moment.

  2. #2

    Default

    Oh dear, I sweat badly sometimes but I tend to sleep seperate alot these days so my partner can get some sleep as I also get up & down alot with leg cramps.
    You know seperate donnas is a good idea.
    Hope you got some sleep & good luck with your interview...........

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern NSW
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Hi BP

    Quote Originally Posted by BoarderPoo View Post
    Does anyone else have to share a bed with someone that sweats in there sleep?

    Its driving me insane, im loosing so much sleep at the moment.
    Does your partner know your being affected?

    Is it a hot room or do you feel they get night terrors or similar?

    Hope you can both find the causes & sort it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    If your partner is sweating so much its affecting others, I think its something that may need medical help. Excessive sweating to the degree of soaking the sheets isn't normal.
    Education not Legislation

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiemyf7 View Post
    If your partner is sweating so much its affecting others, I think its something that may need medical help. Excessive sweating to the degree of soaking the sheets isn't normal.
    I do it as I am toxic with infection alot of the time with cellulitis & Myf's right it should not happen that bad without sickness.
    I hope you can solve it anyways & get a good nights sleep.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern NSW
    Posts
    751

    Default

    I agree with the others replies. Seeking professional help won't hurt.

    I still wake up soaked & frozen cold, my wife said I used to grind my teeth, moan then sit bolt upright screaming some nights.

    Ended up camping on the lounge, but this upset the kids, they thought we were fighting.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    East side of Melbourne
    Posts
    80

    Default

    The biggest problem is that he wraps himself up in the doona no matter what the temp is, I pull the donna off him when he is sleeping but by then everything is so damp anyway. I try and tell him but I just get yelled at. I ended up on the couch which isnt really all that comfy after he went to work this morning. I often wake him up in the moddle of the night nd tell him to stick a leg out. His slightly overweight which doesnt help either. And he wont go to the doctors. Way too stubborn for that.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoarderPoo View Post
    The biggest problem is that he wraps himself up in the doona no matter what the temp is, I pull the donna off him when he is sleeping but by then everything is so damp anyway. I try and tell him but I just get yelled at. I ended up on the couch which isnt really all that comfy after he went to work this morning. I often wake him up in the moddle of the night nd tell him to stick a leg out. His slightly overweight which doesnt help either. And he wont go to the doctors. Way too stubborn for that.
    Well in your case I would do 1 of 2 things, buy 2 king singles & put them in main bedroom(like the old twin beds of the old days couples used) & sleep in peace that way or if you really want to stay in the same bed get individual bedding.
    I would also swap hubbies quilt out for a lightweight summer 1 that is cooler as overheating in sleep can be very bad for your health also. Also there are pillows that allow better airflow, cost the earth but I do love mine & it makes a big difference.

  9. #9

    Default

    Oh & make sure your all your bedding & PJ's are 100% cotten as other fabrics are terrible for bad sweaters.

  10. #10

    Default

    As already said,have it checked but 'night sweats' are more common than you think.
    I do feel your pain as well though,except mine has Restless Leg Syndrome and add to that he sounds like he's chewing a kilo bit of t-bone steak in his sleep makes a sleepless night for me

    We went the two bed option
    GageDesign Pet Photography
    Site still in construction so will post link when it's finished.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •